[Roanoke] The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

[Roanoke] The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

Postby Yourgrandmother » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:31 am

Candy Gang is hosting a scavenger hunt that will test even the most veteran mappers and explorers.

The event will begin immediately and close on July 8th (when the world will end supposedly).

Estimated Completion Time: 7-15 Hours

Prizes

1st

- 24 Humus 90-100% Salt
- 100 Mercury Pumpkin Seeds 65%
- 3 Free Artifact Slotting Sessions

2nd

- 48 Gluttony Food (Phlegm, Yellow Bile, Black Bile) of your choosing

3rd

- Admirals Jacket slotted w/ Colored Flagstraps + Polished Buttons

Runner Ups

- Recognition of completing the ultimate scavenger hunt

Rules:

You will receive clues in the form of descriptive keys found in Old Stumps, Old Logs, Bushes in the viscinity of the town you were lead to. All clues lead to locations of old/existing towns only. Each clue you find on the key begins with a code which you need to write down and remember. The codes will begin with a number and end with a letter. This will let me know that you have visited each site on your journey. They will look like this:

Some of the locations you will be sent to are in the ruins of old towns that no longer exist. In this thread you can help your fellow competitors and newer players to the locations of these towns. The only thing you may not share are the key codes or the location of the final objective.

One of your last clues provides you with a location and a question. Completion of the Ultimate Scavenger Hunt will be when you PM (private message) me on the forums with the answer. You will then be requested to verify each key code to insure you completed all the steps.

Please leave the keys in the stumps/logs/bushes after you write down the code and have read the clue to your next objective. 25-50 Clues have been placed at each objective in event of saboteurs. Be considerate.

First Clue

Primary structure of the zerg in Starcraft

Ultimate Scavenger Hunt Champions:

1st: Claeyt

2nd: RainbowMoostache

3rd:

Runner Ups:
Last edited by Yourgrandmother on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yourgrandmother

Re: [Roanoke] The Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 am

Yourgrandmother wrote:Candy Gang is hosting a scavenger hunt that will test even the most veteran mappers and explorers.

The event will begin immediately and close on July 8th (when the world will end supposedly).

jorb wrote:The plug won't be pulled, though. We have every intention of keeping the game around and continue working on it. :)

Why do you think it's going to end July 8th?

Yourgrandmother wrote:Please leave the keys in the stumps/logs/bushes after you write down the code and have read the clue to your next objective. 25-50 Clues have been placed at each objective in event of saboteurs. Be considerate.

I'll follow the rules, but you should make a rule that anyone taking a key from a stump earns instant death or something. :lol:
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 am

2nd clue and the first key reads "What would a Witch wear on her Wedding?", but I'm not going to give you guys the code. :lol:

Any ideas guys? Is it Witch Haven? or wait is it midnight from Discworld? Wasn't there a town called 'Midnight'? Where was that? Also wasn't there a Witch's Veil way back when, but that wasn't a town was it?
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby KitKat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:10 am

I hope a lot of people take part in this event. It took YGM all day to set this one up, and I think the prizes are incredible!

Good luck everyone!
KitKat

Postby Yourgrandmother » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:43 am

Claeyt wrote: Also wasn't there a Witch's Veil way back when, but that wasn't a town was it?

Sure was.
Yourgrandmother

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:18 am

Okay, yeah Witch's veil did exist. lol. So the 3rd clue and 2nd key without the code read "Where Robin Hood Lives" :lol: , Or in this case where Martinuzz lives so PM him if you don't know this town. :D
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:24 am

The 4th clue and third key reads "Popular GTA title" without the Code. GTA= Grand Theft Auto? so "Vice City", "The Lost and Damned", "Chinatown", "San Andreas", "Liberty City", "London" any of these ring a bell? Wasn't there a Vice City, anybody know where it is? Or was it San Andreas? Any help folks?
Last edited by Claeyt on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claeyt

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am

Claeyt wrote:The 4th clue reads "Popular GTA title" without the Code. GTA= Grand Theft Auto? so "Vice City", "The Lost and Damned", "Chinatown", "San Andreas", "Liberty City", "London" any of these ring a bell? Wasn't there a Vice City, anybody know where it is? Or was it San Andreas? Any help folks?

I remember a Vice City, but I couldn't tell you where it was ... Encountered it on one of my altscouting runs.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby martinuzz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 am

Claeyt wrote:Okay, yeah Witch's veil did exist. lol. So the 3rd clue without the code read "Where Robin Hood Lives" :lol: , Or in this case where Martinuzz lives so PM him if you don't know this town. :D

If I'd known a bit sooner, I'd have prepared cookies and lemonade
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Claeyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 am

Kandarim wrote:
Claeyt wrote:The 4th clue reads "Popular GTA title" without the Code. GTA= Grand Theft Auto? so "Vice City", "The Lost and Damned", "Chinatown", "San Andreas", "Liberty City", "London" any of these ring a bell? Wasn't there a Vice City, anybody know where it is? Or was it San Andreas? Any help folks?

I remember a Vice City, but I couldn't tell you where it was ... Encountered it on one of my altscouting runs.

Do you remember which general location of the map you were working? NW, W, NE, S? I'm thinking I remember N somewhere but I could be wrong.

martinuzz wrote:If I'd known a bit sooner, I'd have prepared cookies and lemonade

:lol: your town was the only one I wasn't worried about getting my noob alt killed at so far. :lol:

Claeyt

Next

Return to House of Burgesses