Server status, updates and important news

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Server status, updates and important news

Postby Wolgirt » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Sorry if it's a duplicated topic but I searched and did not find nothing about this.

In every mmo game exist on the login screen: server status, updates and important news.

I think this is important and would be a good thing to be added to the game.
Wolgirt

Re: Server status, updates and important news

Postby painhertz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 pm

:: shakes head ::
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby TrisDa » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 pm

And here i was hoping this post would have something important like news like a server status or an update :D
sorry but i don't like this idea. Maybe when this game is finished and there is nothing left to make this game better (that's never gonna happen) and Jorb is really really bored, this would be a good idea. :P
Being A Good Knitter Is 3% Talent, 97% Not Being Distracted By Salem
TrisDa

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 pm

TrisDa wrote:And here i was hoping this post would have something important like news like a server status or an update :D

This thread is in I&I. Why would you think that? Also, it's not from jorb, loftar, or TotalyMoo.

sorry but i don't like this idea. Maybe when this game is finished and there is nothing left to make this game better (that's never gonna happen) and Jorb is really really bored, this would be a good idea. :P

Why not? It really would be better if we knew what updates had come in on a regular basis and what bugs have been fixed.

That said... had the same question come up just a week or so ago. No, it's not likely going to happen because it's a two man dev team and documenting everything internally takes time. Getting things reformatted and on the forums is more time.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Wolgirt wrote:In every mmo game exist on the login screen: server status, updates and important news.

I think this is important and would be a good thing to be added to the game.

for server status, go to http://plymouth.seatribe.se/ss
for updates, go to announcement section or http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Recent_Updates

and finally, for important news? click my sig, babe! ¦]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Asharad » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Lol, I came here looking for server news. Seriously.
Asharad

Postby TrisDa » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
TrisDa wrote:And here i was hoping this post would have something important like news like a server status or an update :D

This thread is in I&I. Why would you think that? Also, it's not from jorb, loftar, or TotalyMoo.

Why not? It really would be better if we knew what updates had come in on a regular basis and what bugs have been fixed.

That said... had the same question come up just a week or so ago. No, it's not likely going to happen because it's a two man dev team and documenting everything internally takes time. Getting things reformatted and on the forums is more time.

I know I saw it this thread and and clicked it before i checked who wrote it. :oops:
I don't hate the the idea but as you just said there is only so much a two man dev team can do per day, Anything minor that takes away from them making farm animals is a bad idea to me, I like the artwork when i log in, also I think jorb likes to put things in and/or change small things without telling anybody and who are we to get in the way of his fun.
Being A Good Knitter Is 3% Talent, 97% Not Being Distracted By Salem
TrisDa

Postby Wolgirt » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

I would answer the same!

Why someone would look for Server status, updates and important news on "Ideas & Innovations" section!?!?

TrisDa wrote:I don't hate the the idea but as you just said there is only so much a two man dev team can do per day, Anything minor that takes away from them making farm animals is a bad idea to me, I like the artwork when i log in, also I think jorb likes to put things in and/or change small things without telling anybody and who are we to get in the way of his fun.

I don't know how is in java programming but in PHP it's just a command line!
Wolgirt

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 am

PHP isn't really "programming", it's scripting ;)

Seriously, though, there is a documentation feature (either built in or through utilities) to extract special or even all comments and create "documentation" files for the code, but it's not the same as writing up a change log for users to peruse.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Asharad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 am

Wolgirt wrote:Why someone would look for Server status, updates and important news on "Ideas & Innovations" section!?!?

I wasn't paying attention to which forum it was in. I was browsing all "new posts", which shows everything from all forums. :oops:

MagicManICT wrote:This thread is in I&I. Why would you think that? Also, it's not from jorb, loftar, or TotalyMoo.

I am new here, and don't know who those guys are.
Asharad

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations