World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby gadzooks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:30 pm

I can't seem to access the maps for the past few days. Is there something wrong?
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to salem.comlu.com
gadzooks

Postby geckzilla » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:08 pm

imrielle wrote:I've been having some internet issues for the past few days - random outages, randomly up, and a lot of connection refused from Salem when its up - so I will get the maps updated as soon as I can with the files you guys are sending me.

On those files - PLEASE. Send the tiles. Not the big image the map tool will export. Most of those are too big to load into Photoshop and slice up effectively, it just takes too much RAM, or too much time.

Guilty! Totally did this. I failed to make the connection between this thread and the map site itself. Might want to make a statement about contributing on your main page because for me "files" was ambiguous and I thought merging them meant it would be easier to deal with rather than the other way around.
geckzilla

Postby Foreseer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:45 am

can anyone tell me why: salem.comlu.com/maps.php?james
does not load for me at all; Other's say it works for them however.
Foreseer

Postby Mienja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 am

http://salem.comlu.com/ is not working for me either.
Mienja

Postby Mienja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 am

Hans_Lemurson wrote:...
Figures out how to edit the file so that it looks at the Jamestown map...

How do you edit the file so it looks at a specific map, I know the short names given earlier in the thread, but where do they go in the file? I assume it is opened in notepad then you type in the server shortname somewhere... If you or anyone can explain a lil, that would be great! :)

never mind, found it :P
Mienja

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

Mienja wrote:

How do you edit the file so it looks at a specific map, I know the short names given earlier in the thread, but where do they go in the file? I assume it is opened in notepad then you type in the server shortname somewhere... If you or anyone can explain a lil, that would be great! :)

Yeah, the place where you put in the world name is near the bottom.
Low FPS? Love Pixels? Try my new graphics pack! It's Pixelicious. :)
Compost Bin purity formula: Now doing science to earthworms
Hans_Lemurson

Postby imrielle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Sorry for the lack of replies, RL has been very, very busy for me lately.

The world map isn't viewable for most, currently, because my host has been having issues. I can't even get to the site, though one of my friends in Arizona can. Here is the data they have provided us:

Servers under the DDOS attack
We're currently experiencing issues due to a DDoS attack targeting our servers. This is resulting in some of our customers sites being slow or even unavailable. Our admin team currently blocking attack source and server should back online shortly.

This is a global issue and most of the incoming traffic is being directed to the WordPress login page which is why during the attack WordPress logins will be disabled and wp-login.php script will redirect to our error page. We are monitoring the situation and doing everything we can to minimize the downtime as much as possible. You can read more about the problem @ http://blog.cloudflare.com/patching-the ... rdpress-br

Please do not submit and tickets about this issue and do not increase our work load as we are fully dedicated in resolving this problem. We thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter

While I do not use WordPress, I am still affected and the issue will persist until the host resolves it. I am still updating the files when I have time (though I am not currently playing - I just don't have enough time :(), and the files linked previously in this thread will still view the maps, since the map tiles aren't hosted on the same site.

Also, if someone else would like to help maintain the maps, I would be perfectly happy to share the DropBox login info with them (this is where the tiles are located), or if someone wanted to host the map pages elsewhere, I would be happy to send them the php and js files to do so.
imrielle
Customer

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:38 pm

I have a question for when things get back to normal: I just recently noticed that when you start the client up in debug mode, it lists what appear to be absolute coordinates for where your character is standing. They seem to be based on the number of sub-pixels within a tile (11 per tile), but could potentially be helpful in sorting out exactly WHERE a chunk of map comes from.

Would this information be useful, and if so, how best should it be included?
Low FPS? Love Pixels? Try my new graphics pack! It's Pixelicious. :)
Compost Bin purity formula: Now doing science to earthworms
Hans_Lemurson

Postby Mienja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Hans_Lemurson wrote:
Mienja wrote:

Yeah, the place where you put in the world name is near the bottom.

Yep, I did a search for a server short name, in notepad, and it took me rt to it! ;)
Mienja

Postby Berlioz » Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 am

Hello!

I just started with Salem this week and was wondering if this project was still active. I always like to explore and compiling a map this way sounds exciting!
I was wandering around a bit, searching for a nice place to settle and I think I strolled off your map (Jamestown), at least the one linked in the wiki. I'm willing to share my tiles.
Berlioz

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana