Darkness Suggestion

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Darkness Suggestion

Postby bnugen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 pm

So I had gone pretty far south of Boston the other day looking for a place to make a homestead when I got the tutorial popup about being far from civilization and the gradual drain on my humours started. Being a newbie with low stats I left, later on I apparently entered the darkness again however there was no indication that I had entered until I noticed my stats slowly dropping.

I've read that the screen gradually gets darker the further you move into the darkness, but I didn't see any noticeable difference in lighting from the area classified as darkness vs non-dark. (Although I didn't go very far in before turning back each time) :)

Perhaps some sort of on screen indication that one has entered the darkness would be helpful? Like a persistent icon that stays on screen while your in an area classified as darkness.
bnugen

Re: Darkness Suggestion

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:01 pm

If you have a lit torch just look around yourself. A circle of light becomes more noticeable the deeper you get and it DOES get dark when you get deep. The best indication is to have your humour diamond blue for gluttony, not using the movement stances and wait for the blue to end.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Return to Ideas & Innovations