The Battle of Brest Fortress

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Battle of Brest Fortress

Postby Odekva » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

jwhitehorn wrote:Please choose carefully as I will only give you one chance at this.

Yes, sure, 5 braziers in another part of it make a huge difference. And this "btw not stone wall" was just started and does not protect anything, from screenies i'v seen.

I think the better question is where did you get that Screenshot if you were not there and if I was truly "lured" into there then how is it that I got out? Surely the Chief could not escape a cage with all those braziers right?

I have friends 8-) And you too, what actually wonders me.
Last edited by Odekva on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dwarven Rose shop
Please visit, have quite a bunch of things including food. ;)
Odekva

Postby Judaism » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 am

Odekva wrote:So you are good at telling stories. Nothing changed since the very beginning, you do not attack anything worthy, only this Big City with only 12 braziers in it and surrounded by 1 stone wall and habituated with beginners not even close to 100 bile’s. :(

Thats not true they've had good characters, anyway they still hadn't a chance therefore this whole thread is just crap and shows how lifeless the chief is again.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Cawalox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 am

jwhitehorn wrote:For those who do not know there was a tyrant on Plymouth who enslaved the Russian people. Forcing them into slave labor to fund his misguided criminal activities on both Plymouth and Roanoke.

There can only be one!
Cawalox

Postby Blood » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:47 am

I think of this Aesop Fable whenever I read Chief's posts.

The Wolf and the Lamb
A WOLF, meeting with a lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea, which should justify to the lamb himself, his right to eat him.

He then addressed him: "Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me."
"Indeed," bleated the lamb in a mournful tone of voice: "I was not then born."

Then said the wolf: "You feed in my pasture."
"No, good sir," replied the lamb: "I have not yet tasted grass."

Again said the wolf: "You drink of my well."
"No," exclaimed the lamb: "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me."

Upon which the wolf seized him and ate him up, saying: "Well! I won't remain supper-less, even though you refute every one of my imputations."

Moral:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny, and it is useless for the innocent to try by reasoning to get justice, when the oppressor intends to be unjust.
Blood

Postby Tylan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Blood wrote:I think of this Aesop Fable whenever I read Chief's posts.

The Wolf and the Lamb
A WOLF, meeting with a lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea, which should justify to the lamb himself, his right to eat him.

"No," exclaimed the lamb: "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me."

Upon which the wolf seized him and ate him up, saying: "Well! I won't remain supper-less, even though you refute every one of my imputations."

Moral:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny, and it is useless for the innocent to try by reasoning to get justice, when the oppressor intends to be unjust.

That is an exquisite anecdote; reading this, I too felt the tyrant Pablo Escobar was due for what came his way. I just feel bad for all those other players as they were obviously too far brainwashed to join the side of their saviors.
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby FutureForJames » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Blood wrote:I think of this Aesop Fable whenever I read Chief's posts.

The Wolf and the Lamb

Moral:

First of all, the lamb was likely an accessory to a "crime" given that she gained nutrition through milk which its mother likely produced through "illegally-obtained" materials.

Secondly, the lamb could have saved its life by making sure that it had something to bargain to ensure that it was more worth for the wolf to let that particular lamb stay alive than to eat him. Either the lamb or the mother of the lamb is to blame for this situation to happen
FutureForJames

Postby Cawalox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Tylan wrote:That is an exquisite anecdote.

But you somehow missed the point...

PS
Please tell me that was on purpose
Cawalox

Postby Tylan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Cawalox wrote:
Tylan wrote:That is an exquisite anecdote.

But you somehow missed the point...

PS
Please tell me that was on purpose

;)

I wouldn't necessarily call any of the Chief's posts of wartime fervor "justifications for tyranny." Granted, the Russians are usually quiet on the forums and don't present, as a faction, something comparable to what the Tribe has created; however, that does not an innocent Russian make. Is Pablo guilty of tyranny or any crime? No clue. However, trying to see from the Tribe's perspective, those pictures show a fairly large town in what I can only assume was semi darkness. I think we can agree that the Russian flight to Roanoke is no big secret. Given that, let's say you're the feathered leader of one of the strongest factions in Salem. You catch wind that there's a large settlement potentially composed of individuals with ties to your largest competitor in strength, resources, and influence.

What's a Chief to do?

Well, you obliterate them, of course. Server transfer is going to change the scales big time if there's no inherent debilitation (like a seasickness or landlegs or some other kind of 48 hour debuff that hinders combat ability - actually that's a really good idea...) for the characters making the switch. Leaving such a potential threat not only increases the other faction's forces on your home server, but also gives transferring characters a safe haven/base of operations right from the start would be completely moronic.

So the Chief roflstomps their faces and caricatures some kind of Chief-like reasoning to his methods. The masses are provided with the opportunity to shout their dissent or praise with anger or lawls and the wheel of politics turns.

That OR Pablo truly was a terrible person and the servers of Plymouth, Roanoke, and Jamestown are supremely better off now that his bones decorate a waste claim with those of the hapless victims his influence plunged into abysmal servitude. It's times like this that I allow the Great Spirit to guide my moral compass, and should He be dissatisfied with the Chief's actions, I am confident His retribution will be swift and true. And if the Chief was justified in ending the tyranny, then let the Tribe prosper and continue to bring justice to the masses who would otherwise be completely on their own.

I'm not here to decide which of the above is true, as both are guesses. I'm just here to watch and enjoy the drama. With popcorn.
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby Claeyt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm

"I'm not here to decide which of the above is true, as both are guesses. I'm just here to watch and enjoy the drama. With popcorn." says Tylan

Me too. I guessed this was on Plymouth by the names of the Chief's compadre's, and that it was in the semi darkness by the mini map, but where exactly was all this harsh terra-forming to mother earth going on in relation to Boston on the map.

Also, this is about the fiftieth time I've read about Server Transfer. Is there any official statement as to when that's going to happen? Or is it just another Rumor?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Cawalox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Tylan wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call any of the Chief's posts of wartime fervor "justifications for tyranny." Granted, the Russians are usually quiet on the forums and don't present, as a faction, something comparable to what the Tribe has created; however, that does not an innocent Russian make. Is Pablo guilty of tyranny or any crime? No clue. However, trying to see from the Tribe's perspective, those pictures show a fairly large town in what I can only assume was semi darkness. I think we can agree that the Russian flight to Roanoke is no big secret. Given that, let's say you're the feathered leader of one of the strongest factions in Salem. You catch wind that there's a large settlement potentially composed of individuals with ties to your largest competitor in strength, resources, and influence.

What's a Chief to do?

Well, you obliterate them, of course. Server transfer is going to change the scales big time if there's no inherent debilitation (like a seasickness or landlegs or some other kind of 48 hour debuff that hinders combat ability - actually that's a really good idea...) for the characters making the switch. Leaving such a potential threat not only increases the other faction's forces on your home server, but also gives transferring characters a safe haven/base of operations right from the start would be completely moronic.

So the Chief roflstomps their faces and caricatures some kind of Chief-like reasoning to his methods. The masses are provided with the opportunity to shout their dissent or praise with anger or lawls and the wheel of politics turns.

Exactly that. But you cant turn a blind eye to the other tyrant like you did in your previous post.
Tyrants crave power, this one got scared he might lose some in future and acted on it straight away. But what happens when he decides a treaty payer grown too large? Or when a tribe member forgets do do his task? Fear of loss of power is what makes tyrants do horrible things.
We all have our preferences when it comes to tyrants and I belive that Id be better off with Russians.
Cawalox

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses