New Store Packs

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: New Store Packs

Postby Plazek » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Ye, that's the Canadians noob. You might be history pr0 Dallane but you need to work on your geography.
Plazek

Postby alloin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Dallane wrote:What in the world are you talking about?

jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I'd draw you a picture, Dallane, but I can't draw worth a crap. A very small strip along the East coast was English. Most of Canada and all of the central modern US (all of the Mississippi tributary system between the Appalachians and Rockies) was French. Most of modern Western US and Florida was Spanish.

L33LEE: Did you miss the earlier posts where some of our Eastern European friends might make $50 a week? (People complain about Chinese gold farmers, but truth be told, most are Eastern European. It's not PC to bash our fellow Europeans because they have rescinded the evil ways of Communism. No offense meant, guys and gals, because I'd be right there with you if I could make a days wages playing a video game. ;) )
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Dallane wrote:
alloin wrote:oh wait, Americans are created??? they never existed before.... AWWWW.... actually Americans are natives ???

What in the world are you talking about? No one in america says yeah i'm actually French because my family came from europe.

A lot of people seem to make ridiculously stretched claims of being Irish when it's St Patrick's Day, though.
Potjeh

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Hah, true but some of us (me) are actually Irish Americans. We punish non Irish for "kiss me I'm Irish" stickers. ¦]
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Galthon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:46 pm

alloin wrote:
Darwoth wrote:we need some blue uniforms to go along with the red coats, then we could have some heroic american patriot vs foul tyrannical english wars.

Aren't we all (except the original natives) English ??
(English) Pilgrims 'created' North America as far as I know, with the help of the natives. (50 pilgrims & 90 natives)
30% of the current (North) White-Americans originate from those Pilgrims.

I see no reason to have a blue uniform :)

Alright, I have no clue what the ***** you are on about, and I'm actually a direct descendant of both the Pilgrims and the natives, and my family has lived within 10 miles of Plymouth Rock for the past 400 years...
Galthon

Postby FutureForJames » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Shiala wrote:
FutureForJames wrote:
Shiala wrote:I keep waiting for something to appear in the store that I feel is worth the money. I guess I will keep on waiting.

You mean: "I will only pay if it makes me win" XD?

What the hell are you talking about? The only thing I would ever buy from the store is cosmetic items. So far, the only things not tied to a skill pack (which I don't need since I got the skills on my own) are hats from a mystery box. I prefer being able to choose what cosmetic item I'm buying, not having to rely on getting lucky. Also, none of the hats I've seen pics of are appealing to me. Some of the outfits that come in the skill packs are neat but as I said, I'd only be buying the pack for the outfit and they're not even worth $15 to me let alone $30 or $70!

If they start adding things like buckets of paint that I can use on my house, flower pots/beds I can put around my property, dresses, and bonnets where I can see what I'm getting and they're under $5 each, I'll start spending money in the shop. Until then, there's nothing that I feel is worth my money.

Eegore wrote:Yeah I understand that, but the Few who probably buy it will just get killed and get it stolen from them, because lets be blunt here. It's going to be blatantly obvious when someone starts a new village. It will look like a noob base on a village claim. Immediate sign. I mean, wouldnt it be smarter to make it cheaper so people will feel more comfortable buying it multiple times if they have to? Not just get raided and quit? I figure the longer the player plays, the more comfortable they will feel spending money. Thus more money to improve the game.

This. Why spend my own $70 when I can just find some flamboyant mayor with an undefended noob camp and steal his $70 outfit instead?

Also, anyone wearing the Redcoat outfit is just KOS to me.

I have to admit: I got royally owned XD.
FutureForJames

Postby L33LEE » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm

MagicManICT wrote:L33LEE: Did you miss the earlier posts where some of our Eastern European friends might make $50 a week? (People complain about Chinese gold farmers, but truth be told, most are Eastern European. It's not PC to bash our fellow Europeans because they have rescinded the evil ways of Communism. No offense meant, guys and gals, because I'd be right there with you if I could make a days wages playing a video game. ;) )

Yes, however in such countrys the "cost of living" is x10 lower than in the UK etc.

Not trying to derail or cause massive political debate about this, but this is how Eastern europians come to the UK / Germany, work for 10 years in a tiny flat with 5 other eastern euro friends, send money home every week, then retire at the age of 30 in a massive house in there own country etc etc etc etc etc. (Its things like this which bleed the UK economy because they come and work here, rent tiny places, and send all money they earn back home, and invest no money back into the UK country).

I remember when i visited eqypt many years ago, the average wage of a professional like a teacher was $50 Per month, yet on such wages were able to live as good as some people in places like the UK.

Still, nothing is stopping these people from purchasing these packs from other players ingame with silver. Again, you cannot afford the $70 pack ? Go save 25,000s and buy it from someone who can afford it and stop complaining.

If you guys are feel so strongly about things being over priced in a game, were your choosing to play / pay in a f2p game, then i dread to think what your actions are like in the real world when you go shopping and start slapping the checkout girl because milk has just gone up +20% above inflation in cost.

People should direct such energy in more positive directions(real world problems, like helping fix starvation etc) than venting frustrations out on a free to play game.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:12 pm

You're wrong. Here in Bosnia the average wage is like 350€. A litre of gasoline costs 1.25€. A loaf of bread costs .80€. A litre of milk is 1€. A kilogram of veal is 10€. I have a brother in Munich, and from what he tells me these prices are roughly the same in Germany.
Potjeh

Postby L33LEE » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Potjeh wrote:You're wrong. Here in Bosnia the average wage is like 350€. A litre of gasoline costs 1.25€. A loaf of bread costs .80€. A litre of milk is 1€. A kilogram of veal is 10€. I have a brother in Munich, and from what he tells me these prices are roughly the same in Germany.

350 euros per month ? week ?

If its "per week" thats higher than most people i know earn in the UK weekly, and from the figures you just gave the "cost of living" is cheaper than the UK also.

Even though the UK figures of "avarage earnings" is like £25k per year, its so far from the truth of poverty with numbers when something stupid like 80% of people employed in the UK are on minimum wages (£200~ per week for 40h work) its them phat cats pushing up the "average" numbers up as they earn millions per year.
Last edited by L33LEE on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill