World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby imrielle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am

Warning, the maps on the comlu page I linked earlier are a little messed up.

I was uploading new images to update them and discovered that that host has an FTP upload limit of 10,000 files a day. :(
imrielle
Customer

Postby Durhake » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm

guys can put a guide for dummies i have easter part of map linked to jamestown and full filled ur map
Durhake

Postby imrielle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Durhake wrote:guys can put a guide for dummies i have easter part of map linked to jamestown and full filled ur map

I'm not an amazing writer, but I can attempt to write out some sort of guide. What do you think should be in such a guide, though?

Do you just want to share your map files? Or set up a map on your own server?
imrielle
Customer

Postby Durhake » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 am

Ill a guide to upload map tiles to guys arespreading the site. So i send mine map to guys they would it . i have a merge of mine map and 2 guys more ...
Durhake

Postby wildone » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 am

I have sent an email to the email in the OP, with a .png of all my Roanoke tiles attached (500+). I hope this is okay
wildone

Postby PlanckWalk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I have a map of about 7500 unique tiles assembled for Roanoke. This includes a circumnavigation of the perimeter of the world accessible to noobs like myself, from Roanoke north along the coast to darkness, around the edge of darkness to a huge mountain range in the west and southwest, to an invisible barrier in the south, and back up the coast to Roanoke.

I'm looking for some public site to upload them, one where I can be fairly sure that they'll be accessible to all and stay that way. They're about 100 MB, and can be relabelled to fit someone else's pre-existing coordinate system if needed.
PlanckWalk

Postby hitori » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:06 pm

weird. How comes that i've reached the right side of the map, but the place is not on the map (Roanoke) ?

tiles http://www.sendspace.com/file/rbtn0g
hitori

Postby imrielle » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:45 am

hitori wrote:weird. How comes that i've reached the right side of the map, but the place is not on the map (Roanoke) ?

Noone had submitted them to this thread, or emailed them to me. I'm not on Roanoke (or Jamestown, for the matter), so only whats shared here is on the map.
imrielle
Customer

Postby hitori » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:20 am

imrielle wrote:
hitori wrote:weird. How comes that i've reached the right side of the map, but the place is not on the map (Roanoke) ?

Noone had submitted them to this thread, or emailed them to me. I'm not on Roanoke (or Jamestown, for the matter), so only whats shared here is on the map.

I mean that all the east coast is already opened on our map @ freehosting, however my place doesn't seem to fit there :|
hitori

Postby imrielle » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:42 pm

hitori wrote:I mean that all the east coast is already opened on our map @ freehosting, however my place doesn't seem to fit there :|

Well, I worked from Boston and then attached pieces from there. I actually don't see the main town on your linked image, but I'm tired (I have been awake forever cooking Christmas dinner, lol). When I get home - I am at my parents for the holidays - I'll download your tiles and try to attach them, I am pretty sure that I see areas where they link together.

I should, hopefully, have real web hosting for this setup and working during the beginning of next month. I was going to do it this month, but the holidays got more hectic than I expected. So... much... family. :shock: Sometimes I forget how many close family members I have.
imrielle
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana