Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:48 pm

huggmuth wrote:Well its not really a crash, it happens everytime I run the updater before the game even launches.

What do the other clients do for you?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Tarzan1983 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:53 pm

why don't you have the ender's client download on this page so that way those looking for it can just download both of them in one place
Tarzan1983

Postby meiyeeer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Feature requests:
separate thornbush flower visibility (farmer's mode) from making cacti and other plants smaller
client side sorting by weight
meiyeeer

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:52 pm

meiyeeer wrote:Feature requests:
separate thornbush flower visibility (farmer's mode) from making cacti and other plants smaller
client side sorting by weight

That sort is iirc not possible, because the client only knows his carry, not the weight of individual items, though ofc if one were to provide a table with all the weight of all items... that's rather not going to happen.

As for the other request, I think it's easy enough to turn it on/off depending on what you do, but I might be convinced if there is more demand for that.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Update: Do you know da wae? Let me show you da wae...

Have you ever felt lost, especially when trying to get to your fellow group members (or alts)?
New feture: Big group arrows!
Da wae is now much easier to see with these.
(Options/Camera & Graphics/BIG Group Arrow)

Bugfix: Translation tool
Actually, ask Taoko what it does, I have no idea. ^^

New feature: Free FPS Configuration
That's right, you can now chose the target fps of the Salem client!
(Options/General/Frame-Rate Config)

Please note: Your fps will be capped by your screens refresh rate, setting the target fps higher will have no effect above that.

Please note: Running at max fps (= screen refresh rate) will have significantly more CPU usage than running even 1 fps less, more than simple math would suggest.

Warning: Be careful with this, higher CPU usage may result in more heat, that's a no-brainer actually that everyone should know, just saying.

New feature: Inventoy Item Icon Numbers
This will give you a much better and easier overview of your clothing, and will be super handy when crafting, but not only then.
(Options/Inventory & Items/NEW Item Icon Numbers)
If ON (default), it will be like this:
- Thermal: will not be displayed in the white number (bottom right) anymore
- Having numbers in the name of the char that made clothing will no longer result in it being displayed on the icon

- Thermal: now always a separate number (orange) at top-right
- Free slots: new number in top-left (if greater than zero)
- Broken slots: new number (red) in bottom-left (if greater than zero)

New feature: Move only same items of exact same %
This comes in handy when sorting out ore, or humus, and probably has even more uses.
Simply hold ONLY ALT and left-click an item.
(only ALT, not SHIFT, not CTRL)
(ALT in combo with SHIFT/CTRL is unchanged, ofc)

Bugfix: Landscape tool
Won't bug out anymore if you had it open when logging out and then logging back in again on any char without restarting the client.

New feature: Item Count on WeightWidget
Simple as that.
(Options/Inventory & Items/WeightWidget - added item count)

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 am

Thank you Taipion. <--- my feed back.

Really, thanks for the client, and for it's frequent upgrades too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby tao5858 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 am

Hey, here's the explanation about how the translation tool works.

In the option menu, there's a "translate" option, after you enable it, this tool will automatic translate and record pretty much every text you see in the game(if its not working, re log-in).

It will create a "late.txt" in the bin folder to store every text that is not yet translated, and using "trans.txt" in the salem.jar(tsalem.jar or lsalem.jar, Latikais' client) for translate text.

You can just placing the trans.txt in the bin folder, no need to dealing with the .jar file iirc

Here's some example for trans.txt:
User name
使用者名稱
Password
密碼
Forget me
忘記我
Remember me
記住我

The translation tool will track the first line in the trans.txt, replace it with the second line and so on. So if it find "User name", it will replace it into "使用者名稱", "Password" into "密碼", etc.

about the bugfix that Taipion mention, previous one has some issue that it can't track the "-" symbol, and this fix solve it.

Because the old one doesn't track the -, so it will spilt the sentence, here's the difference before/after the fix:
In the character creation, 2 NPC ask you "right-click me if you are a lad/lady"
old one will track as 3 sentence:
right
click me if you are a lad
click me if you are a lady

after the change, it will be:
right-click me if you are a lad
right-click me if you are a lady

It seem not a big deal, but its actually a big difference, at least for me, and hope this will help anyone they are trying to using this tool.

This tool still need some improvement, maybe more will come in the future? idk :P

oh, and in case of you are asking, that's Chinese ;) .
tao5858

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks for the explanation @Taoko, even changing 2 letters in a regex can go a long way. ^^

As for the translation tool, I never used it myself but I was told there is a longstanding crash when typing in chat, which was also brought to me by Taoko, and will be fixed in the next client release. (fix tested already)
...you won't believe how that translation tool is implemented, it was really asking for a crash at that point. :D
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Update: Boxes! Yea, seriously, HitBoxes, in Salem!

First off, my apologies for delaying this (client)patch for so long,
I intended to add another, really awesome feature in this patch, but I could not muster the time to do it, yet.
But it will be in the next patch, and that one is probably not all too far away! ;)

New feture: HitBoxes
Yea, that simple, just turn them on in the options!
(Options / Camera&Graphics -> checkbox in the bottom-left-corner)
Please note: Drawing these boxes takes a little bit of CPU, and may slow down Salem a handful of fps, depending on your rig, so it's not recommended to have it always on.
Thx here goes to: amber-HnH-client, and a fellow Salemite for pointing out how easy it actually was to port this feature.

Bugfix: Translation tool Nr.2
Fixed a crash when typing something in chat while using the translation tool.
I heard that one was really annoying and has been around forever.
Thx again @ Taoko for bringing it up.

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:04 am

Please note: I'm aware of the login bug, I already fixed it but I won't manage to release it until tomorrow.

As a workaround, you can just login with any other client (like, latikais) and save the login, then use my client and login with the saved token.
I guess most users would not even notice as there rarely ever is a need to type in your login again if you don't change PCs frequently.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana