Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby Amnezia88 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:50 pm

It's all so tiresome
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:03 am

The only thing the game needs is a raid update and quality of life changes. I don’t mind loosing a base due to a raid, don’t get me wrong, it sucks but so much of the fun for me is the pain of loosing my ****. Once I built my brick walls with braziers and torch’s I had nothing to fear but my own boredom. My base became a unraidable fortress of agonizing horribly dull chores. Log on harvest my Cotten, sell my cotton which took forever to harvest, to pay for a bell, then feed and slaughter a bunch of animals who’s food quality was **** compared to Bageals and fruits. Made an army of raid and pvp alts, only
To slam my head against a wall till I either died of boredom or killed in the stocks.

Salem could learn something from HnH and it’s not the wipe aspect. HnH has vastly better quality of life mechanics, like making piles of anything and moving it with a wheelbarrow. Or making more than one wall segment at a time. Just to name a few.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Judaism » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:14 pm

I mostly agree with TheDuke86 here, for a lot of competitive orientated players there literally is no incentive to play after reaching a a certain point and that point could be achieved within a few months of casually playing.

You usually do something with an end-goal on mind, in the current state there is no PvP, no raiding and no massive town communities and interaction. It provides you with mostly meaningless base building and character progression which in itself has little value. After reaching a few hundred biles, you do not need blood/yellowbile/phlegm anymore on main characters. Same goes for your hunter alts, you basically only need YB/Blood. As for your skills, besides a few skills which are OP such as L&L and H&S, you do not need much higher skills. Some things can improve your effectiveness a little, investing tons of resources and time into appropriated sets and such but in the end it seems awfully meaningless to me due to the curve effectiveness.

It literally is no different from a carebear game such as farmville in the current case, it always used to be a hilarious joke but as for the last few years it has sadly been very true. No-1 in its right mind is seriously putting in the effort and infinite time to change it and with a dying game it is more likely that the upcoming years are significantly worse. Anyhow if you're into a carebear game, there are plenty better games around and there has been for many years.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Judaism wrote:I mostly agree with TheDuke86 here, for a lot of competitive orientated players there literally is no incentive to play after reaching a a certain point and that point could be achieved within a few months of casually playing.

You usually do something with an end-goal on mind, in the current state there is no PvP, no raiding and no massive town communities and interaction. It provides you with mostly meaningless base building and character progression which in itself has little value. After reaching a few hundred biles, you do not need blood/yellowbile/phlegm anymore on main characters. Same goes for your hunter alts, you basically only need YB/Blood. As for your skills, besides a few skills which are OP such as L&L and H&S, you do not need much higher skills. Some things can improve your effectiveness a little, investing tons of resources and time into appropriated sets and such but in the end it seems awfully meaningless to me due to the curve effectiveness.

It literally is no different from a carebear game such as farmville in the current case, it always used to be a hilarious joke but as for the last few years it has sadly been very true. No-1 in its right mind is seriously putting in the effort and infinite time to change it and with a dying game it is more likely that the upcoming years are significantly worse. Anyhow if you're into a carebear game, there are plenty better games around and there has been for many years.

If I knew how to code I was make my own game with the same core concepts just less carebear loving. To bad they don’t have a Classic Salem server lol
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby alagar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:
Judaism wrote:I mostly agree with TheDuke86 here, for a lot of competitive orientated players there literally is no incentive to play after reaching a a certain point and that point could be achieved within a few months of casually playing.

If I knew how to code I was make my own game with the same core concepts just less carebear loving. To bad they don’t have a Classic Salem server lol

Salem private server when?
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Judaism » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:02 pm

alagar wrote:Salem private server when?

Actually someone who was working on this for quite a while in his spare time.

Sadly I believe that the effort died down due to various reasons.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby grimkid » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:31 am

Would you be willing to pay for a salem private server? If not, nothing will happen. If yes, the devs here might come back from the dead
grimkid

Postby Mrsari » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:11 pm

"Shut up and take my money"
$15/mo for single acc will be ok :)
Mrsari

Postby rodibres » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 am

grimkid wrote:Would you be willing to pay for a salem private server? If not, nothing will happen. If yes, the devs here might come back from the dead

Buy once to play or even a monthly subscription i would agree, i love the h&h way of selling visuals as a way to "pay" for the monthly updates.

To be honest i just don't want to see this masterpiece die, its fun enough to play as is but this game has so potential that its sad to see it being abandoned.
rodibres

Postby Ronch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 am

I'd pay 15$ a month to keep this game alive.

Another way to accomplish the same objective is to make monthly Game Store purchases already established here on the site.
....Even if you purchase something that you do not need in the game, you can sell it in player shops at Providence market, or on the forum's trade board, or on discord.

JC, comeback, come back JC !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements