Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby belgear » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Ronch wrote:It could possibly be a sign of retardation, yeah, but it definitely is a sign of me,me,me cynical narcissism when folks proclaim that Jc owes even a fraction of one minute of his time with anyone other than Meow, Marp, Dallane and a few players who share their personal skills for the benefit of the game.

I agree with this statement

I happen to miss him quite a lot, tho
belgear
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Me too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby hitori » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 pm

necrophile wrote:For who?

For everyone like me, whos not playing for few last years
Id be happy to start anew
hitori

Postby Taipion » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:09 pm

hitori wrote:

And why would you need a new server for that?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:24 am

Taipion wrote:
hitori wrote:

Because people have this weird idea that if everyone started fresh they would be able to keep up and be on the same playing field. Turns out that is never the case. People are safer now then they would be on a fresh server.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby rodibres » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 am

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:
hitori wrote:

Because people have this weird idea that if everyone started fresh they would be able to keep up and be on the same playing field. Turns out that is never the case. People are safer now then they would be on a fresh server.

It's not about being "safer" and keep up, It's about cleaning the mistakes and giving players a fair chance to enjoy the game. I mean, dunno if this is true but i've heard stories of a dev changing the map in exchange of nudes, this itself is reason enough for a wipe. Also, what about the expeditions, wasn't it a failure with only 1 person being able to control the exclusive content?

I might be talking tons of BS and i apologize if this is the case, but i don't understand the fear of wiping the server just to keep some whales happy... Salem could be much bigger than it is now with a wipe and proper management.

It doesn't even need to be free to play imo...
rodibres

Postby Taipion » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:36 am

rodibres wrote:I might be talking tons of BS and i apologize if this is the case
Yes, that's true, apology accepted. :-)

Part of Salems charm is how it is permanent, and one promise that JC kept at least till now is "no more wipes",
look at HnH to see how you do it wrong, new world and everyone is hyped, then numbers go down till it's dead and needs to be wiped again just to repeat the cycle.

If you'd wipe Salem now you'd just lose a lot of people that would not want the constant wipe ****, and you'd have the same cycle as in HnH just with even less people than there are now.

Because people realise after a while how wiping does not put everyone on the same level, how they are not able to keep up, and makes their failure even more visible, so they lose motivation and quit.
Whereas in a permanent world, you can at least build up slowly and reach your goals someday, still not going to keep up with the best but at least you can do something.

In Salem as it is now, you could start fresh and be on par with long time players within a few months if you know how to play and have the time, and then do whatever you like about Salem.

I mean, If you have that, you can "catch up" easily, if you can't, then you would not be able to keep up after a wipe either.

Yes there are people with 4k humors or 3k+ profs, and that's handy for some things but nothing game changing, and won't help you in pvp at all.
If you're just a sore loser that is unable to reach those heights that are mostly for bragging only, and you wan't a wipe because of that, then you should be playing wow classic or so and not Salem.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Taipion wrote:
rodibres wrote:Part of Salems charm is how it is permanent, and one promise that JC kept at least till now is "no more wipes",
look at HnH to see how you do it wrong, new world and everyone is hyped, then numbers go down till it's dead and needs to be wiped again just to repeat the cycle.

If you'd wipe Salem now you'd just lose a lot of people that would not want the constant wipe ****, and you'd have the same cycle as in HnH just with even less people than there are now.

Because people realise after a while how wiping does not put everyone on the same level, how they are not able to keep up, and makes their failure even more visible, so they lose motivation and quit.
Whereas in a permanent world, you can at least build up slowly and reach your goals someday, still not going to keep up with the best but at least you can do something.

In Salem as it is now, you could start fresh and be on par with long time players within a few months if you know how to play and have the time, and then do whatever you like about Salem.

I mean, If you have that, you can "catch up" easily, if you can't, then you would not be able to keep up after a wipe either.

Yes there are people with 4k humors or 3k+ profs, and that's handy for some things but nothing game changing, and won't help you in pvp at all.
If you're just a sore loser that is unable to reach those heights that are mostly for bragging only, and you wan't a wipe because of that, then you should be playing wow classic or so and not Salem.

Right on Taipion ! +100

Although, I can fully understand why some folks want a wipe before they are comfortable returning to play again too though.
But to that understanding, I hope they will understand too that the ones who have not quit playing should not be penalized just because those who have quit playing want a fresh start to be equal to those who have not quit playing.

In general I agree and support Dallane's stand or position on a wipe, if the game updates require a wipe, then I am all for it.
...Me personally, I am totally against a wipe only to accommodate folks who quit playing and want a wipe to have what they feel would be fair to them just because they decided to quit playing for whatever reason.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby BallHog » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:44 am

Taipion wrote:look at HnH to see how you do it wrong, new world and everyone is hyped, then numbers go down till it's dead and needs to be wiped again just to repeat the cycle.

Huh? HnH has more players than Salem, and how can Salem lose a lot of players when there are maybe 25

also HnH doesnt need to phony up there " players per server" to try and trick new players to thinking there are more than there really are!
BallHog

Postby oleanna » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Or maybe, peoples just want new content...
H&H have update... Not specially big rework or full update with many new thing... but something...

How long since the last salem update ?
I m still addicted to this king of game but for me, the best part of salem is "discovering", searching by yourself, ect...
So without update, or even information, i quit the game.
I keep going on this topic because i love this **** and i hope someday it 'll ressurect with an update...

i m for sure wrong...
oleanna

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements