Messeges

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Messeges

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Goodman12 wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
KKK tried with 5+ people years ago when I got banned and nothing happened and that was when I didn't have a single steel wall, now I have 4 layers...

Although you were "gone" for a month, your base was far from undefended. Member/s of your town (who fled with their main/s btw :lol:) had alts that could've been used to defend your base from the inside with the use of OP defensive structures like the Long Range Mortar. Darwoth also seized the opportunity to collect evidence and TBC'd the characters that did start bashing. Those factors, coupled in with 1/2 of the team being unwilling to bear the risk that would come with the task or invest the time needed to accomplish the goal. Not to mention, you evaded your ban the very first day and iirc you expressed concern for the fate of your base while pretending to be some random newb
Heffernan wrote:bring 20 characters with 1k/1k/1k/1k to my base and I go AFK a month ill assure you you will still not get in + lose all to KO.. that's because raiding big towns is impossible + ur ronch

Give me 2 or 3 dedicated teammates and notice that you're going away for at least 3 days and I'll have Vatican flattened by the time of your return with 0 casualties.
Ronch wrote:Heff, I've found very huge towns that Juda and his bunch raided over a year ago, why is that so if raiding big towns are impossible?

All bases can be raided, its really just a matter of how long it'll take.
Ronch wrote:It just still looks and sound like folks are not willing to risk what it might cost if their offensive attempts are unsuccessful.

Lack of competitive pvp'ers
Lack of motivation due to low population (As a competitive player my motivation for raiding comes from the satisfaction of humiliating my enemies, robbing them of their time and hard work, bragging rights, asserting dominance etc, due to the small population all of that seems pointless but perhaps that has more to do with the type of players that are left rather than the actual number)
Gigantic time sink

3 days for 16 walls including 4 Steel Wall Layers and each over 2k braziers/Torchposts all full and the inners at 80-90%? not even in a month and with 10k biles....
Heffernan

Postby Ronch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 pm

@Heff
I still only have one thing to say about steel walls.
: If someone is interested in investing the cost, resources and time into steel walls, then they deserve the extra protection a steel wall offers.
(even your steel wall)

I cant see myself ever deciding to invest in steel walls.
Maybe, one steel gate.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Judaism » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Ronch wrote:@Heff
: If someone is interested in investing the cost, resources and time into steel walls, then they deserve the extra protection a steel wall offers.
(even your steel wall)

Maybe, one steel gate.

And yet people have multiple layers resulting in nearly un-raind able bases. By that logic, if someone is interested in investing his pleghm high up to reach the double soak damage on a steel wall, then he should also be able to get in much faster no?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Judaism wrote:
Ronch wrote:@Heff
(even your steel wall)

Maybe, one steel gate.

And yet people have multiple layers resulting in nearly un-raind able bases. By that logic, if someone is interested in investing his pleghm high up to reach the double soak damage on a steel wall, then he should also be able to get in much faster no?

+ he should be able to get in at all, with the current pclaim system and crime its impossible, if i had no pclaim ud get in easely (if im not playing) but with it theres nothing u can do so pclaims needs to be reworked.

heck whole raiding needs a rework but we have 5346344763 Threads on that.
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:09 am

Goodman12 wrote:Gigantic time sink

This is the main reason for me
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:13 am

Heffernan wrote:3 days for 16 walls including 4 Steel Wall Layers and each over 2k braziers/Torchposts all full and the inners at 80-90%? not even in a month and with 10k biles....

Goodmans estimation on this sounds much more likely than yours, assuming there is really no one defending and no other party takes the chance to get some basher scalps. ^^

You have 2k braziers? how many of these you need to drain to get in? 50? 100?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am

Torchposts are a pain, So I assume more than a few hundred are going to aggro.

I recall doing a few volleys back then, sadly no footage anymore. The only footage I have is from 2015 and we would not be able to take on more than a handful of volleys prior to making a run for it.

Bear in mind those defenses have been trippled since.

Anyway the point when you reach fortified bases is that you literally can not make any real progress on the walls prior to emptying the defenses. With so many to run out, you're going to spend many hours to empty them due to the crit system, each volley is giving you multiple crits and they are percentage based. So it does not matter how much blackbile you have, its also a reason why using relative low alts is almost as effective.

Then to top it off, with huge p-claims you have to run off the claim first, but with a percentage system you'd have to run off significantly earlier than without. It's going to eat another 30 orso black-bile to run that off, that might sound as its no big deal but that last bit of 30 BB could on its own be enough to absorb a volley or two.

Back in 2015 they stated that having large p-claims was not intentionally and people were at their own risk, it was a few years later that they added a different upkeep system but ultimately its still very much broken in a hyper-inflated game.

I don't think I would be able to raid his base within 3 days, but my perspective on raiding is a bit outdated by now. Last serious raids I've done is already nearly 2 years ago. Its probably doable within 10 days tho, with a dedicated group of at least four people and a total time-investment of around +/- 300 hours. The thing is tho, a single hour of defending could undo all of that. Raiding state is absolutely not up against the current type of bases, since 2015 it has literally been nerfed multiple times, while adding more defensive structures and means to defend.

A video from 2016, which I also posted back then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cndmihpeeRE&feature=youtu.be

Has only been worse since then, but Salem used to be great. In the first video you didn't even needed a tbf. You would go thru walls in a single run with only two people, back then raiding was already considered really hard and very few people would actually do it due to the penalties from players and factions. In the second video you can see us raid one of the stronger factions with 5+ people defending, with only 4. Despite this, still making progess on the walls. In the last video, we have to use 2 brazier tankers each and still have to do multiple runs on a single plank wall with two max damage characters on the gate.

That is not even brick, nor steel, nor a big p-claim, nor proper defended (purity braziers etc), nor any defending.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby ZtyX » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks for the insight. It was interesting to read your perspective.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 pm

btw. this is when you would totally maximize Torchposts (not even braziers)

with this sheer amout of objects ill guarantee you wont survive a single hit no matter ur biles and this is just 1 of 5 layers
Heffernan

Postby necrophile » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Heffernan wrote:btw. this is when you would totally maximize Torchposts (not even braziers)

with this sheer amout of objects ill guarantee you wont survive a single hit no matter ur biles and this is just 1 of 5 layers

I guessing empty torch posts giving insane damage.
necrophile

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses