Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 am

ZtyX wrote:
Dallane wrote:
nico54k9 wrote:Pretty sure I know the answer for this... but was there any info on where the devs went or what's happening with the game? Just wondering if it's even worth coming back to play.

Game is still playable and there is a decent population considering the lack of love from JC. JC has been focusing on family and his career but from conversations with different people he has still been working on different things. We hope to see his return at some point with some major updates. Marp is still around and Meow stepped down for several reasons. You should hop into discord and talk with community. The game is still the amazing game you played before and depending on when you last played there could be some new things to experience.

He needs to dedicate himself more to the development of the game instead of "family & career". Fact of the matter is that he is probably working a full time job and he can't be bothered working on the game because he's tired in the evening & "needs to spend time with his family".
The result is hundreds of disappointed players who keep checking here, but nothing happens.Year after year.

How about you sell the game then? Or how about you change your work situation to stop being full time?
This community is already providing him with a good amount of money from the store. But instead of working for that, he's just milking it while working to get EVEN MORE money from his "career" on the side. That's called greed.

I came here to check where the game is at and I find nothing from 2019. Despite the fact that we're in mid august. Now what the hell is that?

Stop being a entitled ***** and get over yourself basement dweller.

Judaism wrote:
ZtyX wrote:
I came here to check where the game is at and I find nothing from 2019. Despite the fact that we're in mid august. Now what the hell is that?

Well Jorb and Loftar already gave the game a 2nd go, back in 2014 when they sold it to Mortal Moments. As much I'd like to see someone else take it over, assuming JC would be even willing to do the same. Who in the heck of the current player-base or third parties would be interested, or would seriously put in the effort required. To put it blankly, even with good marketing and an active development this game is unlikely ever going to be as popular ever again. It'd be increasingly difficult to attract new players to some old java game from a decade ago, nor will you be able to get many veteran players back into it.

You didn't know the state of hnh before they returned to it. This game is 100% able to get people back.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Dallane wrote:You didn't know the state of hnh before they returned to it. This game is 100% able to get people back.

At a certain point would it not be easier to simply start with a fresh new engine and game?
Like game development has come quite a long while since Salem started developing. I am not stating that people care that much about graphics and such, but at a certain point it'd be easier to opt towards that I simply presume.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Judaism wrote:
Dallane wrote:You didn't know the state of hnh before they returned to it. This game is 100% able to get people back.

At a certain point would it not be easier to simply start with a fresh new engine and game?
Like game development has come quite a long while since Salem started developing. I am not stating that people care that much about graphics and such, but at a certain point it'd be easier to opt towards that I simply presume.

Totally unrelated, you could do a new, fast, shiny client from scratch without investing anything into new server code.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Taipion wrote:Totally unrelated, you could do a new, fast, shiny client from scratch without investing anything into new server code.

Who said anything about a client?

I am talking about the game engine and the graphics.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Judaism wrote:

HnH tried that and it went horrible.
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Judaism wrote:
Taipion wrote:Totally unrelated, you could do a new, fast, shiny client from scratch without investing anything into new server code.

:shock:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What an impressive show of how little you understand!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Champie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 am

Taipion wrote:
Judaism wrote:

Is that ignorance coming from the same person who has been telling the devs what to do to fix their game for the last 5 years? Wow, that's Zodd level stupid.
Champie

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:42 am

Champie wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Judaism wrote:

Is that ignorance coming from the same person who has been telling the devs what to do to fix their game for the last 5 years? Wow, that's Zodd level stupid.

wow, and I just thought no one can't beat judas level...

1st I have not been "telling them", only making suggestions every now and then over the years like almost every other active forum user, not like juda begging for his stuff nonstop and crying out loud and all that -.-

2nd game engine and the graphics = client, means you did not understand that point either, means you seriously are on judas level there

3rd your whole post is a bad troll, clearly shown by what you say and reference, and how little sense it makes, go back under your bridge, or back to troll school, bad attempts are bad
Taipion

Postby Champie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am

Taipion wrote:
Champie wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Judaism wrote:

wow, and I just thought no one can't beat judas level...

1st I have not been "telling them", only making suggestions every now and then over the years like almost every other active forum user, not like juda begging for his stuff nonstop and crying out loud and all that -.-

2nd game engine and the graphics = client, means you did not understand that point either, means you seriously are on judas level there

3rd your whole post is a bad troll, clearly shown by what you say and reference, and how little sense it makes, go back under your bridge, or back to troll school, bad attempts are bad

Dude, I was talking about Juda. Jesus Christ, you are unhinged! Read the bold..if you haven't been "telling" them what to do, but Juda has, then of course I was talking about Juda. How could you think I was talking about you?
Last edited by Champie on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champie

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:14 am

Champie wrote:Dude, I was talking about Juda. Jesus Christ, you are unhinged!

Why the hell do you not quote his post and instead my response to it?!
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements