Messeges

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Messeges

Postby Judaism » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 am

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:And to 5.) You made clear you want something like expeditions for your personal entertainment, go play HnH for the first 2-3 weeks after resets. ;)
Or wait for the next salem expedition.

There is actually always a ton of fighting in hnh due to the changes they made.

What kind of logic is that, hey man you want to enjoy life on Earth. Maybe you should go to the moon and die from radiation. This game never was supposed to be anything like the current version, hence its exactly why Heaven is such a different game currently. Salem was nothing more than an upgraded and professional Heaven under a larger enterprise.

Bummer it failed, anyway it never was supposed to be a farmville type of game, which there are plenty around of already.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 am

Judaism wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:And to 5.) You made clear you want something like expeditions for your personal entertainment, go play HnH for the first 2-3 weeks after resets. ;)
Or wait for the next salem expedition.

There is actually always a ton of fighting in hnh due to the changes they made.

What kind of logic is that, hey man you want to enjoy life on Earth. Maybe you should go to the moon and die from radiation. This game never was supposed to be anything like the current version, hence its exactly why Heaven is such a different game currently. Salem was nothing more than an upgraded and professional Heaven under a larger enterprise.

Bummer it failed, anyway it never was supposed to be a farmville type of game, which there are plenty around of already.

That last sentence is true, yet you fail to understand that your very specific personal view on this game, and your very specific personal demand about what this game should be, and how,
are vastly different to what the majority of players, and probably also the devs want.
You seem to not enjoy any of the sandbox or crafting and building parts of the game, which are a vital part of it,
the harshly reduced, simplified, hardcore-pvp-only-no-crafting-no-sandbox game you want, would fail hard as only you yourself and maybe a handful of other people would enjoy it, and play it, for a very limited time before it gets boring.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's clear your view on most things is extremely different than almost everyone else, yet you demand that Salem should be your way only,
which is sad proof that you fail to understand how this works, and why no one can take your view on this seriously.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Taipion wrote:That last sentence is true, yet you fail to understand that your very specific personal view on this game, and your very specific personal demand about what this game should be, and how,
are vastly different to what the majority of players, and probably also the devs want.
You seem to not enjoy any of the sandbox or crafting and building parts of the game, which are a vital part of it,
the harshly reduced, simplified, hardcore-pvp-only-no-crafting-no-sandbox game you want, would fail hard as only you yourself and maybe a handful of other people would enjoy it, and play it, for a very limited time before it gets boring.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's clear your view on most things is extremely different than almost everyone else, yet you demand that Salem should be your way only,
which is sad proof that you fail to understand how this works, and why no one can take your view on this seriously.

The current players and the current devs, sure the current playerbase does not wish for anything else but we can all agree that there is hardly anything left at this point and those players weren't the intentional players to remain. Also sure the current developers have turned this into some safe-haven but that was not the intention of the previous game-designers nor their initial approach. For some reason their approach quickly opted towards safe servers, despite their own personal play-style which was not focused on that at all.

My view is most certainly vastly different from most remaining players, but like I said many times the current players are not the type of gamers that ever should had started this game. Most veterans would actually agree with me on these points, sadly most have abandoned or quit this game along the years, has very much to do with the current devs and their approach. Of course a lot of it is also natural, but they have made this game unplayable in terms of player-interaction which in the game nature should be almost always be hostile. So bringing up the current devs, or the remaining ****** playerbase as your excuse is idiotic.

Also I very much doubt so that the majority of the current players even is in favour of the current rigidness, the lack of drama and the mechanics in question. I know very few forum posters that are super carebears like you.
The game has been corrupted severely by the current devs and the only solution is to fix it, with massive changes. Not to go deeper into the abbys by listening to carebears. Game needs to be really rough and people need to die regularly, lose their **** and bases regularly. Factions need to rise, drama needs to unfold and so forth.

JohnCarver wrote:
Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Judaism » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Lets go deeper into the actual intentions of the developers, while we're at it to once and for all make you piss off from Salem hopefully.

JohnCarver wrote:So in conclusion, Salem is a place where you 'find' your fun and fight for your true friends. Salem is a struggle and Salem makes you constantly question if it is worth the struggle. Salem forces you to validate the time you spend on it and forces you to remember the good times if for no other reason than to block out the bad. Salem aims to heighten the emotion of a rare drop or escape from death not through rewarding the escape but by the viscous punishment of failure or sheer volume of previous failures. Salem is where you play at the edge of your seat constantly searching for threats and danger. Salem is the place where that one time when you afk'd outside your gates, was the last time. Salem is a place where when you commit a crime, you alter your real life schedules to accommodate the commitment that said crime has created. Salem is a game that does not tell you how committed or powerful you can become and does not attempt to accelerate the accomplishments of those around you to normalize your efforts. Salem is a place where the cooperation and teamwork of a group can trivialize that which you can do yourself, but finding said group is anything but trivial. Salem is a place where trust is earned and reputations are respected, where personalities are feared and invoking fear can be a profitable personality. Salem is a place where the people can choose their dictator or government (should there be one at all). Salem is a place where one person on a Saturday, disgruntled with the powers that be can alter the economic tides of war without ever revealing his true identity. Salem is a place where an act of self-less heroism, a pilgrim who take a bullet for another, or a friend who runs off claim against overwhelming odds to try to 'save' his downed comrade carries more weight than a years worth of skype logs. Salem makes you scared of that which you do not know and understand. Salem makes you scared of that which you do know and understand. Salem offers you a mystery that has not been discovered, a recipe that has not been made and a frontier that has not been explored. Most importantly, Salem offers you the opportunity to experience real emotion, generated from real triumph. Real triumph that is only made possible by real tears.

1. What is worth the struggle???
2. Which bad times are there to be blocked out???
3. Escape from dead???
4. Which punishment are we talking about, which failures???
5. Which threats and danger???
6. Which teamwork, the majority of players play solo as a hermit, so finding a group is trivial????
7. Reputations are respected, this lad Taipon who has done nothing but carebearing aparently does not hold any respect for raiders and competitive players. So who is to be respected???
8. Which mechanics are scared, they're all public/known at this point anyway.
9. Which real emotions, I've had great fun thats the reason why I still am here somethings. When I was 17 year old, I got beaten up, I died over, I got raided over, I cried over Salem, I dreamt Salem. Most of the current playerbase are *****, that seriously should not be here.

In conclusion, this game has utterly failed, JC has utterly failed by his initial intention of this game. It needs to be fixed.

All from Jan 2015, six months into their development.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12004
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Judaism = Retardism
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Judaism » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Ronch wrote:Judaism = Retardism

Yeah I am a bit mad and unchained but point still valid. As far intelligence goes, I surely outwit an idiot like yourself.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:41 am

Judaism wrote:Yeah I am a bit mad and unchained but point still valid. As far intelligence goes.

Please cancel our subscription to your issues with JC and Salem. 8-)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 pm

God bless your autistic soul Ronch.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:28 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:God bless your autistic soul Ronch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Judaism » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 pm

Pretty sure I won the argument tho, there simply is no comeback for the few carebears like Taipon.
In short, instead of calling me delusional, debating whether or not my arguments are for the majority of the playerbase and other crap. It should be obvious that players like you are actually the issue here, this game never was meant for you to begin with. It slowly catered those players along the line but there lies the mistake like nearly all other games make, they have been corrupted by greed and fame or whatever caused the current state of the game.

I fully understand that you like the current carebear game and wish to keep your time invested, your goodies and your base. Sadly in the end, you need to lose it all to truly experience Salem.

As for me, my main idea's have barely shifted over the years and they will never shift by a lot. Back in 2012 when I received my beta key after spamming the Facebook for weeks my idea's were leaping towards the left. I was reasonable, I didn't wish for summonings over walls and I didn't like the difficulty of raiding (it was too easy), nor the legacy purity.

I was and have always been reasonable. In fact, most people disagreed with me back then. I find it relevant, because that was the initial playerbase. Slowly but steadily in 2014 with people leaving and quitting left and right my opinion leaped more towards the middle/right. As for now it seems that my opinion is considered extremely right and unpopular, but that has very little to do with my actual impression or idea's about the game. If people think that I enjoy cake-walks or unbalanced mechanics you are very wrong. It has much more to do with the shifting playerbase and the direction the new developers took this game, slowly but steady its been running more and more off-course and as someone who noticed this almost instantly I have become very vocal about this, a part of me feels the need for this simply because it deserves to be heard and there should be a healthy counter against the leeches which you experience in every game. Which always are the carebears, that do not like to be competitive, they blame it on their lack of time, their lack of skill. They want to close the gap by throwing money. They like to see less skilled-based mechanics, more safety and so forth.

There is a whole list to be called, but the last thing I want is for my most dearest game, which to date still is Salem to be so corrupted by the same **** as I've seen in BDO, Fortnite, Tribalwars and WoW. I truly hoped that JC, as a genius player who kicked me all directions in-game would be able to uphold this.

So far I've been greatly dissapointed and I have lost nearly all of my faith along the bumpy road. The old dev-team was much quicker in dropping it, to give Salem another chance. They were not selfish, but it seems that the game now truly is dying.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses