Some reminders just in case JC returns "soon"

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Some reminders just in case JC returns "soon"

Postby Ronch » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:48 pm

I am not as concerned over new content or patches as some of the vet players who are still playing.
Simply because of the many things that I can do now in game at my skill level, I still have not done or even explored doing more than 50% of those things that are available to me now.
...And am still very, very far from doing anything that is considered end-game content in Salem.
Which leaves me with a lot to look forward to. But, I can understand why JC's absence is worthy of concern for vet players who have already explored most if not all of this game's content.
(It's an awesome game BTW)

Anyway, if JC is still breathing oxygen and able to think and communicate, then just from observing the passion that he has displayed toward this game over the short two years that I've been playing Salem with you all; there is no way I can visualize JC abandoning this gem of a game.

So just to remind us of things to maybe look forward to, here is a list of things that were on JC's mind about the game's future development just prior to his unexplained absence:

1, Road Map 2018 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20141
...*New Sea/Water Vessels
...*Horses
...*Lockpicking ... <--- :shock:
...*Beans
...*Witch Familiars
...*Zodaic Signs
...*Tarot Cards
...*A larger emphasis on more creatures/kritters populating the world.

2, Explosives viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20392&hilit=Barrel+of+Tar

3, Possible Gluttony tweaks viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20432

4, Fruit Tree diseases viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20425

5, Compost purity viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20424

6, Witchcraft rework <--- The one I am most looking forward to !
Although I cannot find the link for these witchy-bits of info that JC so graciously left us to contemplate.
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Some reminders just in case JC returns "soon"

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:52 pm

explosives and cannons are cool, too bad he only launched 2 expeditions total.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby belgear » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 am

I really wish JC's arrival wouldn't herald such terrible things.
belgear
Customer

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:59 pm

belgear wrote:I really wish JC's arrival wouldn't herald such terrible things.

Agreed, better if he just fix his **** and then ***** off again, but guess that's just a hopeful dream.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Judaism » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Ha!

How about those promises from 2014, those are long due. Instead the game been unbalanced ever since they took-over and has basically been abandoned by actual development since 2015-2016. The first thing he should do is give up on this game by selling it, just to give this game yet another chance. Less hopeful and surely less profitable but they have completely back-stabbed this community and the unique beauty it once was. JC clearly deserted this game, he most likely has a ***** of new hobbies and things he finds more important. Which is completely logical but on-line games need constant development.

As I have mentioned many times before and also counts for Salem, it simply was significant better prior to take-over just like old-school Runescape and vanilla WoW is and coincidentally those games relaunched their games. A lot of those things had to do with the actual community, hence it was themselves who provided great content in the sandbox MMO as it should had been ever since. Remove every single change they've made then let the community decided on which ones to actually implement, give the veterans which still play (which is absolutely not me anymore) some serious input otherwise you get a 2nd John Carver tyranny, someone who pushes their own ideology completely through and does not accept any contradiction. They think that they do not distant themselves from the player-base but they surely lost sight of the game along the way.

So in short, pass the torch on ahead to some other creative/motivated folks, hopefully some are still interested and perhaps they'll be more successful in it than Mortal Moments has been. Its much better than clinging on without the motivation and will to make this game great again.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Return to City upon a Hill