Nut Job

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Nut Job

Postby akpeters678 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Do nut bearing trees ever regrow their nuts? I've picked the pine-cones off of all the pine trees near me and it's been over a month and nothing is regrowing.
akpeters678

Re: Nut Job

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am

It's an AoE curse by a witch. Only way to reverse it is to pray for 24h inside a church that is located in the afflicted area, or kill the witch. Pretty annoying curse IMO, should be nerfed.
Rifmaster

Postby akpeters678 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:11 am

How do I find the witch?
akpeters678

Postby Methuzelah23 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 am

akpeters678 wrote:How do I find the witch?

Put a Bible, a cross, a gold and silver bar, and 2 turkeys in a stump outside, after 24hours the witch will appear. So make sure you're watching and don't ***** it up.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Borendoun » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 am

Should have put this in the help section so you aren't trolled without mod intervention being able to come in.
Borendoun

Postby Ronch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 am

Asking help questions on the help board here is good advice, I'd heed it if you want straight answers to your questions in the future.

If they are nut trees that you have planted they might only produce nuts once, maybe twice in the life of the tree, but definitely only once per season. Then you will need to replant the nut trees.
Bee-skeps and butterfly-cages do not seem to help with nut tree harvest.
...If they are just wild nut trees including pines, then they should produce nuts again after a certain amount of time once harvested. Not sure what that time frame is, I remember it taking a good amount of time but not two months. Maybe someone else is harvesting them if they are not growing inside of your claim.

As for a Witch curse, I guess that is possible, I don't know.
But the summoning tree stump advice thing, don't waste your time (I like the idea though, lol)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Chrumps » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 am

Trees do regrow their nuts, more than twice in their life. That takes however some activity in the area and largish amount of trees for this kind of farm to be productive.
And yeah, asking for a nut job in this community will usually produce more nuts than you can stomach.
Chrumps

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:43 am

I always understood that the nuts growing back were due to "decay ticks". Decay ticks aren't necessarily frequent and if your trees are on claimed land, I believe the decay rate is less or entirely stopped. You may have better luck planting your nut trees off-claim. But don't take my word for it, test and verify!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Methuzelah23 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 pm

My advice is solid, anyone claiming otherwise is probably the witch that cursed you. If you need more help, pm me
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:58 pm

Methuzelah23 wrote:My advice is solid, anyone claiming otherwise is probably the witch that cursed you. If you need more help, pm me

You forgot the required burnt offering made from goat fat.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to City upon a Hill