Cant open client?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Cant open client?

Postby Prodigee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 pm

I go to open the client and it asks me what i want to open it with.. I tried internet explorer didnt work.. No oter options to really choose aside from media player.. is this game still playable?
Prodigee

Re: Cant open client?

Postby Borendoun » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:00 pm

If you freshly reinstalled windows or something then you probably haven't installed Java yet. You need Java to play salem
Borendoun

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 pm

Can OP troll help or does that not count
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:26 am

Rifmaster wrote:Can OP troll help or does that not count

Sounds like a legit question. Your post is more in line of trolling help. If you think something is breaking the rules then report it
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Faultierstein » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 am

Prodigee wrote:I go to open the client and it asks me what i want to open it with.. I tried internet explorer didnt work.. No oter options to really choose aside from media player.. is this game still playable?

its not playable with media player thats for sure. i think you need a book called computers for dummies.... but lets say this is your first time playing java then you just need to download the java you will need either a 32 bit or a 64 bit you will need to check to see which one you use
Faultierstein

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 am

@ Prodigee
When I first began trying to play Salem, I had trouble launching the game too.
...If you search this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7681#p97369 in the Artifice & Arcana forum board here, you should find a remedy among the many post there.
After a long search, that is where I found a simple fix for Java's eccentricities toward this game's original client.

Also, after you get it to launch, the game plays much better on one of the custom client downloads found on that same forum board too, but you will still need the game's original client to run one or all of those custom clients.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Return to Help!