Naked and robbed?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Naked and robbed?

Postby riker88 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 am

I've had two paid P-Claims get V-Claimed over and I lost everything too, so no a P-Claim doesn't do anything for you.

You need a V-Claim to be able to utilize your defenses (torches,braziers).
riker88
Customer

Postby Ronch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:07 am

Some more advice is to not set up a leanto, or try to set up a claim or Town in even sparsely populated areas of the map, unless you are already familiar (and) comfortable with your neighbors there.

A good rule of thumb for me has been to walk in the wilds for over a half-n-hour, hopefully an hour or more and not see any signs of civilization, then back track half of that time/distance before setting up a leanto, Pclaim or Vclaim. Unless again; you are already familiar with the local population there.
...We can do a lot of PvE stuff in this game, but it's still a survival game with PvP.
Pixel greed is a huge motivating factor behind most players playing this game, meaning that you will most likely be robbed (or worst) if you leave yourself as an inviting or visibly valuable target, or even if you have just camped to close to another player's already established settlement, period.
It's a very, very big map... take advantage of it !

I might be a mean-n-nasty forum-warrior here on forums, but ingame I am a fairly friendly/peaceful player, but still; I too will more than likely send an unfamiliar player to back to Providence naked if I find them camped or trying to set up a settlement even remotely close to one of my already established settlements.
So, either hide very well or establish your claim, Town or leanto with that knowledge in mind.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby gorniksam » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:54 pm

heffernan raided you 100%
gorniksam

Postby Methuzelah23 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Ronch wrote:I might be a mean-n-nasty forum-warrior

"Warrior" might be a BIT of an overstatement. :lol:
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Icon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Karbofox wrote:Good day.
Sent my only character (that owned by me only) to sleep 10 hours ago: with clothes, saber, purse with a few coins, belt and inventory full of stuff. And now, waking up at the very same place I find him naked and empty.
What could it be?

perhaps you set your base up between 2 points of interest to someone? Maybe he didn't want you there for the next phase of the plan? Maybe he comes back later? If it were me, I'd move to somewhere safer ;)
Icon

Previous

Return to Help!