Witchery

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Witchery

Postby Taipion » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:06 am

toddesloan wrote:Perennial Philosophy

Enable it JC....

I mean its ok to AFK. Enable it and go back to AFK..
¦]

He probably disabled it, and worked out half the witchcraft revamp he envisioned.
But then he realized his idea would not work out and all his vision was for nothing.
Due to bad repository management he can't go back and decided instead to quit.
-.-
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 am

I'm surprised and happy that this thread is being kept alive by active players.

I have a different opinion about the witchery update than Taipion has.
I believe that Witches and the witchcraft update is still a determined focus of JC (even in his regrettable absence) and that it is still in the works as an update for Salem, and not gathering dust on a shelf.
...Although the time-frame of when it's introduction will come is a fair debatable point.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby toddesloan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Taipion wrote:
toddesloan wrote:Perennial Philosophy

Enable it JC....

I mean its ok to AFK. Enable it and go back to AFK..
¦]

He probably disabled it, and worked out half the witchcraft revamp he envisioned.
But then he realized his idea would not work out and all his vision was for nothing.
Due to bad repository management he can't go back and decided instead to quit.
-.-

Kinda sounds like the US federal government? lol
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Faultierstein » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:38 am

Ronch wrote:I'm surprised and happy that this thread is being kept alive by active players.

I have a different opinion about the witchery update than Taipion has.
I believe that Witches and the witchcraft update is still a determined focus of JC (even in his regrettable absence) and that it is still in the works as an update for Salem, and not gathering dust on a shelf.
...Although the time-frame of when it's introduction will come is a fair debatable point.

2049 salem will finally be updated! i just heard from jc himself!
Faultierstein

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:09 am

Faultierstein wrote:2049 salem will finally be updated! i just heard from jc himself!

If we are still alive in 2049 we will probably be playing a VR-Salem and HnH.
Salem isn't going away, it's way too unique a game to sink into archives.

Anyway, the Judge can't keep JC in jail forever ...If more folks would buy some novelties from Salem's game store, we'd have the cash to bail him out tomorrow :D
Ronch

Postby joshnpk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Ronch wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:2049 salem will finally be updated! i just heard from jc himself!

If we are still alive in 2049 we will probably be playing a VR-Salem and HnH.
Salem isn't going away, it's way too unique a game to sink into archives.

Anyway, the Judge can't keep JC in jail forever ...If more folks would buy some novelties from Salem's game store, we'd have the cash to bail him out tomorrow :D

What are the current theory's as to where JC is or what he is doing? :?:
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm

@joshnpk
Plenty of "theories" but all are probably baseless and driven by naive selfishness.
My jail/bail comments were 100% sarcasm, the official story was and still is that he is busy IRL ie; family, friends and earning an income to support said family n friends.

Also, from JC's own post on these forums: this game is a hobby for him, not an investment, nor a job.
...He doesn't develop this game out of any perceived obligations to anyone, nor to please it's meager player-base, quite to the contrary he enjoys our salty tears more than SouthPark's-Cartman would.
...The sooner we recon with those facts, the sooner we will be able to enjoy Salem with no baseless-expectations haunting us day by day.

IMO; If we enjoy playing Salem, then we should be grateful (and display it publicly) and try hard not to dump the results of our own misconceptions upon him personally, nor upon his F2P game.
...Also, Dalane, Marp and numerous other regular-joe players who contribute substantially toward this game's development as far as I know, they all devote their time and energy to this game and to it's player-base for free/voluntarily.
Ronch

Postby Judaism » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 pm

The only one you should be gratefull to at this point is Dallane, the one's name you misspelled by the way.

JC is indeed a busy man, from what I have been told quite a successful salesman and a dad of two. Having a brief grasp on the type of person he is, he simply has lost his interest since 2016.

Jorb/Loftar deserve the credits, JC has done nothing but inbalance the game greatly and institute pay to win/pay to convenience models. Of course they have added some content and have taken over the development, but most of the current foundation was already build. Its a damn shame that they do Salem as a side-business and lost their interest over the years, because it deserves so much more than what they have given it. The game would had still existed under the lead of Jorb/Loftar and at this point more than likely better. It would had gone to the expense of Haven, which I do not play anyway so that would had been absolutely fine for me.

JC nor Marp would not play the game in its current state if they weren't developers.

In my opinion the game was so much simplified prior to their take-over, but most certainly not worse. With many old games, the older versions are simply better (runescape, vanilla WoW and several more) Thats due to development directions, far from everyone supported or liked.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:11 pm

@Juda
100% agree with you in that Salem deserves much much more attention than it is currently getting.

Also, thanks for the reminder on recognizing and being grateful to Jorb/Loftar for the foundation work put into Salem by them.
& for my spelling correction too.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 am

joshnpk wrote:What are the current theory's as to where JC is or what he is doing? :?:

Offical word is that he is busy with work and family. JC and marp are still communicating and last I was told they are still doing what they can in the mean time as far as dev goes. Last I spoke with him he was working out of town often. If no one has had to travel for work it can be extremely difficult with a wife and kids.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses