Naked and robbed?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Naked and robbed?

Postby Karbofox » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:28 am

Good day.
Sent my only character (that owned by me only) to sleep 10 hours ago: with clothes, saber, purse with a few coins, belt and inventory full of stuff. And now, waking up at the very same place I find him naked and empty.
What could it be?
Karbofox

Re: Naked and robbed?

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am

someone destroy your leanto?
LudotoKuche123

Postby Karbofox » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 am

Yea, I found it destroyed.
Karbofox

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:55 am

when destroyed everything drop on the ground :/
LudotoKuche123

Postby Karbofox » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:58 am

Even clothes and stuff that is not dropped when I am killed?
This should be written somewhere...

If I have a claim do I still need a lean-to? OR do I need a house instead the lean-to?
And if I have a claim isn't the lean-to protected from being destroyed? Or was it a crime?
Karbofox

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 am

if you have payed pclaim i think everything will be ok
LudotoKuche123

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:14 am

it is crime
LudotoKuche123

Postby Ronch » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:17 am

You were not killed, maybe knocked out, but probably not.
It looks by your description that your leanto was looted by an opportunistic passer-by, or maybe someone you've ticked off previously.

Anyway, player's characters are the most valuable things in this game by far, meaning your clothes and stuff can be replaced much, much easier than your character.
It's a very unforgiving game which is why most who still play or follow it enjoy it so much.

My suggestion, if you decide to keep playing (which most or all of us here hope you will) is to protect your leanto with a personal claim which only cost 150 silver, sold by one of the merchants located close to Town's Center.
...Since this attack on your leanto probably totally wiped you out, if you need some help with the personal claim's initial cost and some warm clothes, send me a PM here on the forums and we can set up a meeting in Town.

BTW, the game gets better if you are willing to move past your first few mistakes in it.

Also.... in the Planters & Pilgrims board here on this forum there is a fairly new post by one of this game's veteran players inviting new players to join a Village, which would offer you good protection from being attacked while you sleep again. It would also be a good opportunity to learn more about this game quickly too.
Here a link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20733
Good luck.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Claims don't do much to protect you. They just make stealing/destroying etc. a crime. You need to set your homestead to your claim and wall it off with at the very least a stone wall, and put up some torchposts, preferably braziers too.
I assume you just had an open claim with a leanto in it. Also remember to keep your claim paid.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:13 pm

LudotoKuche123 wrote:it is crime

it is only if the leanto is robbed or destroyed not if its destroyed by being claimed with a pclaim and then destroyed.
Heffernan

Next

Return to Help!