Swedish podcast about Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Swedish podcast about Salem

Postby Kandarim » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 am

Goodman12 wrote:translate plz

matan002 wrote:Okay I started, this will take a little while.

thanks! i'd be pretty interested in reading this (also posting here so I remember to check back later :) )
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:32 am

is it really confirmed salem or that ***** town-of-salem junk?
Heffernan

Postby Champie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 am

Maybe this google translation of the podcast description will excite some people:
What happens to a game world when the players get an almost unlimited influence? Is it a utopia where everyone is happy and happy, or is it perhaps like it was in Salem?

Salem is not like other games. Instead of heroic missions and magnificent environments, it is in Salem that the players themselves decide what should happen. Developed by two Swedes, it is a game that wanted to give freedom and the opportunity for those who entered the world to participate and decide. But instead something completely different happened when a group of people succeeded in conquering unprecedented power.
Listen to P3 Games Angelica Norgren about a community that made an extremely unusual takeover of the game they played. Game developer Björn Johannessen talks about how it feels when a world you created is transformed into something completely different than it was intended. Also, you hear the mysterious MarpTarpton about how it happened when the troll took Salem.
Champie

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 am

Now we really need a translation...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby belgear » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

As a note
mysterious is supposed to be mystical
belgear
Customer

Postby Judaism » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Funny to hear it mainly speak about prior take-over and just when they took over. 2012-2014, which is 2 years at best. The latter 5 years are apparently non relevant.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Nimmeth » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 pm

It's a nice podcast. missing some vital things though. but overall nice story told :)
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 pm

...so everyone comments about it, but no one provides a translation?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Archibald » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm

I'm not speaking swedish, but thanks to shopping in Ikea I was able to translate a quote:

Project like that requires perfect communication between players and developers. We believe we achieved that with our community managers who provide constant two-way communication. Players are both heard and informed on regular basis and developer team is acting upon that by releasing updates. Remember to visit our shop at store.salemthegame.com
Archibald

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Archibald wrote:I'm not speaking swedish, but thanks to shopping in Ikea I was able to translate a quote:

Project like that requires perfect communication between players and developers. We believe we achieved that with our community managers who provide constant two-way communication. Players are both heard and informed on regular basis and developer team is acting upon that by releasing updates. Remember to visit our shop at store.salemthegame.com

Well it's true. Meow did a amazing job sorting the ideas section and bringing it to JC/Marp. JC and Marp would also interact with people often if you messaged them and post on here.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill