Just started, right-click doesn't work on first man

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Just started, right-click doesn't work on first man

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Dallane wrote:
17r0undja wrote:Honestly this is too much work. Either the game works or it doesn't. Being in the software industry myself, I would never release something that makes the user jump through hoops, and if a patch/workaround is needed then it is updated immediately. It is not the work of the user/customer to fix mistakes from the dev team. The user should not be able to break the system.

Off to the next game. /thread (mother *****!)

The game works. Use a actual computer.

:lol:

He's using a mac already, those wise words are unfortunately lost on him...
(it actually works on macs, too, if you know what you're doing)

[edit]:

Being in the software industry myself
... just lol, I am, too, and I can tell you that:
1.) you can not know all complications beforehand
2.) some things are either just too hard to fix (for what it's worth) or effect so few users, that you just don't fix it

The user should not be able to break the system.

Now that's a statement that clearly proves you have no idea what you're talking about,
looks like another cheap trolling attempt. -.-
Well, at least we dug up the fix for that mac issue again, in case some actual player needs it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby 17r0undja » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Dallane wrote:
17r0undja wrote:Honestly this is too much work. Either the game works or it doesn't. Being in the software industry myself, I would never release something that makes the user jump through hoops, and if a patch/workaround is needed then it is updated immediately. It is not the work of the user/customer to fix mistakes from the dev team. The user should not be able to break the system.

Define "real" computer?
17r0undja

Postby 17r0undja » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:

[edit]:

2.) some things are either just too hard to fix (for what it's worth) or effect so few users, that you just don't fix it

Now that's a statement that clearly proves you have no idea what you're talking about,
Well, at least we dug up the fix for that mac issue again, in case some actual player needs it.

So I tried the game on my PC and it was just as big a piece of **** as I had imagined. Terrible buggy controls, terrible camera pan speed, terrible voice acting. I lasted 5 minutes. I can see why there are only a few hundred active players. There's a reason that certain games have a large player base (upwards of millions of players), and then games like this fall to the wayside (nobody wants to play a *****). It's the same with the linux desktop, what a pile of trash. Free != quality.

I like how you commented, then came back later to edit in more insults. We have a real winner here.

No, I will not install JDK 1.6 and use your custom client to play the game.

You don't need to know all the complications before hand, that's what "bug fixing" is. Seeing as how I can search the forum for issues relating to playing on a mac, and some date back years, it's clear that this has been a problem for a long time that has been ignored. No excuse.

No, the user SHOULD NOT be able to break the system. Any good dev knows that. Clearly you aren't one.

Well I tried this game. Was looking for someone similar to Runescape classic (2001-2004) and someone mentioned I come here. I guess he was trolling me. The devs should be shot and then dismembered for bringing this piece of trash to light.
17r0undja

Postby Taipion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:32 am

17r0undja wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:

[edit]:

So I tried the game on my PC and it was just as big a piece of **** as I had imagined. Terrible buggy controls, terrible camera pan speed, terrible voice acting. I lasted 5 minutes. I can see why there are only a few hundred active players. There's a reason that certain games have a large player base (upwards of millions of players), and then games like this fall to the wayside (nobody wants to play a *****). It's the same with the linux desktop, what a pile of trash. Free != quality.

I like how you commented, then came back later to edit in more insults. We have a real winner here.

No, I will not install JDK 1.6 and use your custom client to play the game.

You don't need to know all the complications before hand, that's what "bug fixing" is. Seeing as how I can search the forum for issues relating to playing on a mac, and some date back years, it's clear that this has been a problem for a long time that has been ignored. No excuse.

No, the user SHOULD NOT be able to break the system. Any good dev knows that. Clearly you aren't one.

Well I tried this game. Was looking for someone similar to Runescape classic (2001-2004) and someone mentioned I come here. I guess he was trolling me. The devs should be shot and then dismembered for bringing this piece of trash to light.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are not a player but either a random troll or a "bitter old vet" who tries everything to bash this game, as you have clearly proved.

Nothing you wrote makes sense, you are clearly not even from "the software industry", not to speak of working there, as you clearly proved you have not even a touch of a clue.

Also, you
should be shot and then dismembered for
doing such a low life trolling attempt.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby 17r0undja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:52 am

Not a troll. Looking for a new game. Found nothing but disappointment.

You know what they say about assumptions.

What part of what I wrote doesn't make sense? Please provide examples. Facts matter.
17r0undja

Postby 17r0undja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:58 am

I always love when people laugh at others on a forum after they assume things about that person. I guess ignorance is one of your strengths.
17r0undja

Postby Taipion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 am

Excuse me for not wasting time to explain things in detail for a cheap trolling attempt.

But I thank you for your last few posts, which were much in the "spirit" of Salem, we were almost running out of salt here!
Taipion

Postby 17r0undja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:49 am

***** your mother.
17r0undja

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 am

17r0undja wrote:***** your mother.

As long as it gets her out of the house.

P.S. I can't be bothered to actually respond to anything you said to complaining about the game.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby 17r0undja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:52 am

People use the "can't be bothered" excuse all the time but end up looking stupid as ***** as they respond to the post anyway, making sure they get the last word in. Clearly you don't value your time that much.

That's like saying "I can't be bothered to tell you how much of a loser I think you are" but then going ahead and saying it in the same sentence. I guess peoples' ideas of cleverness can range from completely ***** retarded to even more ***** retarded.

Job well done.
17r0undja

PreviousNext

Return to Help!