Salem: pull the plug

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Salem: pull the plug

Postby Dallane » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 am

campercamper wrote:Ok. You convinced me and probably several others and some to come. I want to stay and play this game but I was just afraid of it disappearing at any time.

I'm happy to hear that! Have fun!

TheDuke86 wrote:This here is a result of trolls constantly spewing their nerd rage and *****. Perhaps a new rule should be added to the forum board.

Doesn't need to be any rules like that. People are allowed to vent or ***** as they please for the most part. Let them post but correct them in a nice way instead of going on the offensive.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Actually the total lack of any more development makes this game an inevitable waste of time. I want to play so badly but whats the point? There are no definitive answers to whats going on. So why play a game that will make you regret putting so much time in it.
campercamper

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Every game is eventually a waste of time. 99% of games people have played have shutdown in the past even if they are reborn with new servers it's still the same thing.

So, if you are worried about whether or not the game is being actively developed or not shouldn't be that big of a concern. As a serious note on how long things last, I personally prefer to know that a server will be going on long enough for me to quit rather than to be kicked to the curb and is why I stayed away from Haven & Hearth; the Salem counterpart, which still had server wipes every so often with no solid word on when they would stop wiping the servers. Salem had one last wipe in 2014-2015(don't remember exactly) I believe and the devs stated they would never wipe again and any special servers would be new temporary ones.

Anyway, as other people have said before, the servers will be up for many years to come and some people even buy stuff from the store to this day to extend the servers duration a bit more.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Champie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Every game is eventually a waste of time.

Everybody and everything starts its life with promise, and that is what attracts us to those things. But one should not start a game that has already lost all promise unless one is desperate to devour their free time and energy.
Champie

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Champie wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:Every game is eventually a waste of time.

Everybody and everything starts its life with promise, and that is what attracts us to those things. But one should not start a game that has already lost all promise unless one is desperate to devour their free time and energy.

Exactly!
campercamper

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:34 am

Well don't play it lol. Not a big deal. It's free so it's not a big deal. Check out HnH if you want a similar game but more active development. Both are great.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Figured I’d chime in

To be fair, the game as long as I’ve played it, has never had a large playerbase and the world size made it so that I rarely saw other players regardless of the status of the developers (except in Providence, where you will still meet other players). There are a lot of players who don’t use the forums and you can still play with people. I found the most fun in the game progressing through my character and base, and roaming the wilderness to find new things. The game may be on hiatus with the devs but it is completely fine to play and if you really want to play it you should know that the fun comes from what you find interesting.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Champie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 am

campercamper wrote:
Champie wrote:Everybody and everything starts its life with promise, and that is what attracts us to those things. But one should not start a game that has already lost all promise unless one is desperate to devour their free time and energy.

Exactly!

It doesn't matter how long the servers are paid for, or if the game is free to play, or if you are good at making your own fun out of a pile of **** - the game is going absolutely nowhere.

The game has no promise and the devs are poor custodians of their community. You will need to decide if you're OK with that, Camper.

Dallane wrote:Well don't play it lol. Not a big deal. It's free so it's not a big deal.

Nothing is free, and the OP is specifically concerned about the cost of his time and energy.
Champie

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 am

Champie wrote:Nothing is free, and the OP is specifically concerned about the cost of his time and energy.

Playing any game in general is a waste of your time if you are going to look at it that way.

Dallane

Postby Mazavalt » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Dallane wrote:
campercamper wrote:We know its going to happen any time now if the devs stays away from it. When will it happen or if it happens is what we want to know. Basically this is a thread to gather info to see if anyone has info as to what is going on and if we will be able to keep playing Salem for years to come.

There isn't much to discuss. The servers are paid for a very long time and there is zero indication that this game is going to shut down. Play, have fun and expand the community.

Ill play to shrink community :d
A ***** called Ducky just robbed me so im happy what is to say...
Mazavalt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses