Looking for info from someone whos been playing for a bit

Look for a group to play with here.

Looking for info from someone whos been playing for a bit

Postby KalamityKraze » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:26 am

Is it really worth it to try and join a town? Or in your opinion, is it better to start amassing materials and gettings your humours up first? I am new and just curious.
KalamityKraze

Re: Looking for info from someone whos been playing for a bi

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:25 am

Play by yourself it’s more enjoyable IMO, maybe find another IRL or online friend to join you for double the fun. Building your char from scratch is more rewarding than joining an existing town
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby KalamityKraze » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks for the info. I basically needed to figure out if i needed to specialize my skills, or just start grabbing them all. Much appreciated.
KalamityKraze

Postby Taipion » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 pm

KalamityKraze wrote:Thanks for the info. I basically needed to figure out if i needed to specialize my skills, or just start grabbing them all. Much appreciated.

As you can not get everything at once, you need to set priorities and get first what you enjoy most.
then work towards getting all "common" skill", and only then go about raising those higher that benefit you the most, like SnC if you do a lot of farming fields.

What you do need first is a pclaim, and some stone walls, later on make those plank/brick, get braziers/torchposts and get a town bell yourself, that's all a must in the long run to be somewhat safe.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby KalamityKraze » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:11 am

Is it just me, or are Lime boulders really hard to dig up? I have the quarrying skill, but all I seem to get are regular stone boulders. Am I doing something wrong maybe? My mines and mountains skill is around 24 now, is that high enough?
KalamityKraze

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:20 am

Lime boulders are gotten from lime nodes, its the milky white colored areas on the map.

Stone quarrys give you stone boulders/granite boulders only.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby KalamityKraze » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:38 am

Yeah I think I'm on a lime node. It's milky white, a bit lighter than the clay. Definitely not gray. All I seem to get is regular stone though.
KalamityKraze

Postby Champie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:13 am

KalamityKraze wrote:Yeah I think I'm on a lime node. It's milky white, a bit lighter than the clay. Definitely not gray. All I seem to get is regular stone though.

Just in case you are not aware, there is lots of helpful information on the salem wiki
https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Main_Page
including information on terrain types and resource nodes

LIME QUARRY

Lime Quarry will only give lime boulders. If you are getting stone, then you are digging in a
STONE QUARRY:
Champie

Postby KalamityKraze » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Yep, I see the difference now! Thanks for the info guys on that! Community so far has been very helpful and nice :)
KalamityKraze

Return to Planters & Pilgrims