Where is JC?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Where is JC?

Postby Ludwigp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello where is John Carver
He last visited 8th may !?
OMG IS HE STILL ALIVE??? ;<? :cry:
Ludwigp

Re: Where is JC?

Postby Judaism » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Game is dead dude, why would he still care?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 pm

hes ded af
gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:09 am

Whats dead may never die but rises again harder and stronger
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TheDuke86 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 am

JC tends to go into hideing when the rage of nerds passes a certain threshold for him. He is a selfless and merciful god as I would just ban them into oblivion. I know I have personally taken a break from raiding as to let the guppys grow into larger fish. Truthfully this game needs a fresh face.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Judaism » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 am

TheDuke86 wrote:Truthfully this game needs a fresh face.

Far too late now and quite silly if you take a look at all the suggestions and discussions in the past with the lead-developer. (Many people tried to influence the game's direction) None of the discussions or suggestions actually led to a single change in the current rigid mechanics. The unwillingness to accept that some mechanics/directions were simply flawed was unacceptable.

Sadly I think it is very unlikely that this game is going to surpass its former glory ever, it seems quite silly to invest so much time and resources into a game which has lost most of its player-base. But who knows, their intention was never to care about investments/economic viable.

But not a competitive dog is going to play another expedition, the first and last one were already super horrible. They will not revert or change the current safe-heaven Providence server, add complex raiding mechanics, or tweak current one to a level which encourages people to commit to it again.

So other than adding some additional PVE content, such as new recipes, buildings and skills regarding that, nothing else game-breaking will change. Those changes will do nothing but satisfy a few of the current remaining playerbase, but it will not really draw in a lot of new players, or make people return to this game.

But allas, that is my quick ''negative'' assumption. After making concerns for so many years I have lost all hope.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:53 am

Ludwigp wrote:Hello where is John Carver

Some of us are trying to raise the bail money for his release.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby TheDuke86 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:13 am

Judaism wrote:
TheDuke86 wrote:Truthfully this game needs a fresh face.

Far too late now and quite silly if you take a look at all the suggestions and discussions in the past with the lead-developer. (Many people tried to influence the game's direction) None of the discussions or suggestions actually led to a single change in the current rigid mechanics. The unwillingness to accept that some mechanics/directions were simply flawed was unacceptable.

Sadly I think it is very unlikely that this game is going to surpass its former glory ever, it seems quite silly to invest so much time and resources into a game which has lost most of its player-base. But who knows, their intention was never to care about investments/economic viable.

But not a competitive dog is going to play another expedition, the first and last one were already super horrible. They will not revert or change the current safe-heaven Providence server, add complex raiding mechanics, or tweak current one to a level which encourages people to commit to it again.

So other than adding some additional PVE content, such as new recipes, buildings and skills regarding that, nothing else game-breaking will change. Those changes will do nothing but satisfy a few of the current remaining playerbase, but it will not really draw in a lot of new players, or make people return to this game.

But allas, that is my quick ''negative'' assumption making concerns for so many years I have lost all hope.

Allow me to clarify, I mean fresh face as in new players becoming vocal. I believe with the nay sayers slowly becoming a thing of the past newer players will be allowed to become more active and vocal. As far as the exposition I know for a fact you will play it and I and others will too, for the simple fact of early pvp. I can’t speak for you, but myself and those I talked to had a blast with the expedition.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:I can’t speak for you, but myself and those I talked to had a blast with the expedition.

Thats one of the problems with this game and haven. Early game is amazing and then you get settled in and grind then it gets boring if you don't keep up with the sandbox. Haven is able to keep the game somewhat fresh with how often they are able to add new stuff to play with.

New players would be amazing to see but look at the recent post of new players finding the game difficult to deal with. Salem is a fairly harsh game by todays standards.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Dallane wrote:Whats dead may never die but rises again harder and stronger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
Heffernan

Next

Return to House of Burgesses