bye serpent king

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: bye serpent king

Postby Chrumps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Taipion wrote:...

That's because one can remove himself from Salem but one cannot remove Salem from oneself.
Something remotely similar to the taste of beer, one gets used to it's bitterness.
Chrumps

Postby Judaism » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Taipion wrote:Can someone explain to me why people who long ago ragequitted (read: not left this game for indefinite time due to, for instance being burned out or bored by salem),
and have no business here and apparently would never play again,
are valiantly ***** on these forums?

Most of the veterans and long term-players all agree that the direction alongside the way of handling issues has had a massive part for them to quit. For example:
1. The Tribe although was a complicated story partially left due to dev-abuse and the vision from the (at the time) fresh developers.
2. The Russians quit due to the horrible handling of the expeditions
3. Alloin and a few of his friends quit due to dev-abuse

Now Darwoth has left the game due to simular issues, everyone is either burned out or has long ago quit already due to similar problems with the game. Of course people like to speak out against the game which has basically been ruined and changed in a way that many agree that it was better before take-over.

Take a look at games such as Vanilla WoW, Oldschool Runescape etc, the older versions of those games are in higher demand.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Woah, so much lootz.
How does it feel to be the **** queen of nothingness?
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Judaism wrote:
Taipion wrote:Can someone explain to me why people who long ago ragequitted (read: not left this game for indefinite time due to, for instance being burned out or bored by salem),
and have no business here and apparently would never play again,
are valiantly ***** on these forums?

Most of the veterans and long term-players all agree that the direction alongside the way of handling issues has had a massive part for them to quit. For example:
1. The Tribe although was a complicated story partially left due to dev-abuse and the vision from the (at the time) fresh developers.
2. The Russians quit due to the horrible handling of the expeditions
3. Alloin and a few of his friends quit due to dev-abuse

Now Darwoth has left the game due to simular issues, everyone is either burned out or has long ago quit already due to similar problems with the game. Of course people like to speak out against the game which has basically been ruined and changed in a way that many agree that it was better before take-over.

Take a look at games such as Vanilla WoW, Oldschool Runescape etc, the older versions of those games are in higher demand.

That is about as wrong as it gets, starting with the first line, assuming everyone shares your opinion, which is nothing more than that, an opinion,
but it's absolutely hilarious how in the lines that follow, you also manage to mess up facts (not all though) and ...oh wait, yea, present false information supporting your opinion,
yea, quite expectable.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Taipion wrote:That is about as wrong as it gets, starting with the first line, assuming everyone shares your opinion, which is nothing more than that, an opinion,
but it's absolutely hilarious how in the lines that follow, you also manage to mess up facts (not all though) and ...oh wait, yea, present false information supporting your opinion,
yea, quite expectable.

I stated that they were similar issues with the game, which is very true for a large portion of the old veterans. Of course captain obvious I do not know each and everyone's exact reason. I provided some examples and you are free to correct me on anything. What I stated earlier is however far from ungrounded as so many people on the forums, in-game and thru other means have mentioned this repeatedly.

The three examples I mentioned however are there for everyone to read up and then you can conclude your own opinion on the matter. I have spoken intensively with ex-tribe members, with the Russians, with Alloin and his group, with Darwoth and with so many old veterans that are no longer playing this game to have get a good impression why exactly they have quit and sadly I concluded that a fair portion of it is due to the game's direction and developers.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm

I logged in to see if anyone else I'd want to play with in future games had PM'd me since the last time I was on here.

I consider the game to be ruined. I had a lot of fun before the corruption reached fatal levels, though, and will always treasure my screenshots and gigantic maps.

I miss you guys. You were certainly the most colorful population I've encountered in MMO's--and I've been playing them since 1998!
Last edited by Reviresco on Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:21 am

Taipion wrote:Someone explain to me please.

Most of us have been here for the last 6 years just on these forums alone. Before this there was the paradox forums, closed alpha/beta and haven which salem was essentially a haven 2 at the time. Could you totally walk away from something you have loved and spent countless hours doing for the last decade of your life?

Why you guys get pissy is understandable because you still love the game and have no idea what it once was and could be. Both sides of the argument have made true statements. Everyone has a complete and total different story and experience in this game.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Champie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Dallane wrote:
Most of us have been here for the last 6 years just on these forums alone. Before this there was the paradox forums, closed alpha/beta and haven which salem was essentially a haven 2 at the time. Could you totally walk away from something you have loved and spent countless hours doing for the last decade of your life?

Why you guys get pissy is understandable because you still love the game and have no idea what it once was and could be. Both sides of the argument have made true statements. Everyone has a complete and total different story and experience in this game.

Holy ****, that's quite a magnanimous statement!
Champie

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses