Raiding renovation for Providence.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 am

belgear wrote:No. Ronch has not had a 1k+ bile toon be taken down in 2 volleys, Dallane. (welcome to salem raiding)

ok just checking!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:03 am

Judaism wrote:
Ronch wrote:Your desire to have easy-mode raiding in this game is going way past redundantly-loathsome dude.
...Look man, just squeeze real hard to try to get rid of this very stale brain-fart out of your system, or just go back to playing ToL since you've made it clear "several" times now recently that you no longer play with us in Salem.

A valuable-base and a valuable-character (both of them) take a lot of time, energy and planning to create, but for your own selfish reasons you still cant comprehend that other folks value things that they've spent a lot of time, energy and planning on too.
...Meaning, without you having to risk the destruction of the PvP-character that you spent months to years creating, then JC isn't going to allow you to destroy overnight what took another player months to years creating, unless you're willing to risk losing your PvP-character in the attempt.

Again; it's not all about you dude, if you still think it is, then maybe you should just go and purchase your own little game like JC did ?

As you clearly are a noob without any experience, yet feel the urge to debate in said topics I will quickly reply on this part.

A progressive raiding system is the exact opposite of an easy-mode raiding style. You will selectively aim for parts of bases instead of aiming for total destruction which is currently the only alternative. Most of the selective raiding would consist out of accessing non-crucial parts of the bases, that would be the outside layers mainly and they do generally not hold the valuables or the leantos. People simply cannot commit towards a very dull and boring raids for periods exceeding 30+ hours without breaks and without any action (which is what the people nowadays do they either trash their **** or they locate it elsewhere).

Nowhere I have stated about not running any risks, the fact that I want to go back towards individual characters and that I stated higher risks and higher rewards clearly means that I gladly would invest more into single characters and risk loosing it. I have never stated anything against active defenders, you have never ran into mortars/catapults repeatedly shooting at you. I did several times and heck, that was amazingly fun despite risking my characters (I once was very close from KO'ing on the claim which equals death). A proper prepared defender with a fraction of the investment would easily be able to hold their ground/repair any progress vs anyone. This has always been the case, even back in the days when raiding was easier by a factor of 10.

As long it actually is an active siege from both sides, that is entirely fine. The defenders always should have the advantage and I am not against those newer mechanics, all it needs to be is fair. Currently in order to get anywhere near that state, we do need quite a lot of changes benefiting the initiative's side. I am one of the few players who has always put their characters on the line and I almost always managed to deal with the consequences of those actions.

The player-base is steadily dropping, this has been the case for many years now. There is nothing to lose anymore. We are far past that point and therefore I do not share your opinion that we need to protect whatever is left, we need crucial changes and most certainly not be conservative because that clearly has not done this game any good over the last few years. We have lost all the significant factions and competitive players, there are none left and this game was build around perma-death and PvP. As of right now the game simply does not offer that, not in the slightest anymore.

What you just posted can be said in one short sentence; what you get out of a raid inside of Salem is totally dependent upon what you are willing to spend, sacrificing or risk losing.
Why you feel the need to add all of the extra babble mix with that is quite revealing of your constant feelings of inadequacy and discontent.

What you want to call "progressive raiding" is what is already currently going on in Salem.
The only way for a small group or even a solo player to raid any actively defended medium or larger sized base (Tclaim or Pclaim) is section by section, unless the base is small.
...So I'm just not seeing your point here, other than reading you post more self-serving babble.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 am

Ronch you really need to go raid a place even a fake test town to see what people are talking about.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 am

Do you not see why people like myself with actually some experience are tired of even debating said topics. Whatever is left are some players who disprove everything without any knowledge at all. No there currently is no progressive raiding and people simply cannot commit towards any serious towns. Otherwise we would had seen that occurring over the last 3+ years, which I have never seen other than a few new ninja-patches, misplacements of crucial walls/boundaries and inactive towns.

Hence that even counts for the early period of anno 2015, when bases were seriously less developed and towns were vastly more active.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:29 am

belgear wrote:No. Ronch has not had a 1k+ bile toon be taken down in 2 volleys, Dallane. (welcome to salem raiding)

Yeah, lets just exaggerate and cry about it over and over again rather than offering suggestions to fix it or even contributing to other member's previous suggestions to fix it.
Folks with all-about-me allergic-to-solutions crybaby-dispositions only exacerbate the problem to feel validated in their poor-me pity-parties.

These PvP issues can be fixed or at least minimized by offering constructive unbiased feed back to the Developer via these forums, or will at least give the Developer room and reason to explain his or her thoughts on keeping, removing or modify any issue that has been consistently raised by players.

Belgear, your crybaby approach to problems will be much more accepted and supported while comfortably wallowing in your daily self-gratifying validation sessions on discord than it be here on the game's public forum.
...This is the Ideas & Innovations sub-forums if you did not notice.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:51 am

Judaism wrote:Do you not see why people like myself with actually some experience are tired of even debating said topics. Whatever is left are some players who disprove everything without any knowledge at all. No there currently is no progressive raiding and people simply cannot commit towards any serious towns. Otherwise we would had seen that occurring over the last 3+ years, which I have never seen other than a few new ninja-patches, misplacements of crucial walls/boundaries and inactive towns.

Hence that even counts for the early period of anno 2015, when bases were seriously less developed and towns were vastly more active.

No I do not see it, but only because logic, discernment and effective communication rules my very large world, not pity-parties.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 am

Ronch wrote:...This is the Ideas & Innovations sub-forums if you did not notice.

Why post about a idea if you don't have any experience on the topic?

Dallane

Postby belgear » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:59 am

Ronch wrote:

Yeah, lets just exaggerate and cry about it over and over again rather than offering suggestions to fix it or even contributing to other member's previous suggestions to fix it.
Folks with all-about-me allergic-to-solutions crybaby-disposition only exacerbate the problem to feel validated in their poor-me pity-parties.

These PvP issues can be fixed or at least minimized by offering constructive unbiased feed back to the Developer via these forums, or will at least give the Developer room and reason to explain his or her thoughts on keeping, removing or modify any issue that has been consistently raised by players.

Belgear, your crybaby approach to problems will be much more accepted and supported while comfortably wallowing in your daily self-gratifying validation sessions on discord than it be here on the game's public forum.
...This is the Ideas & Innovations sub-forums if you did not notice.
loool you couldn't have a better avatar. I will continue to log on to Salem and Discord for the only reasons I have for years, I enjoy being around the people.

The playerbase cannot fix this game for JC. We can identify the problems for him, but we cannot fix it. Only he knows what will be achievable and what he is willing to do. If you proffer an idea he does not like, he (and the community) attacks you. Why would anyone want to put up with people like you for something so fruitless, Ronch?

As far as exaggerations, bring a 1k black bile toon to Vatican city and smack a wall. See how many Volleys you withstand. Then lemme know who is exaggerating
belgear
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:00 am

Dallane wrote:
Ronch wrote:...This is the Ideas & Innovations sub-forums if you did not notice.

Why post about a idea if you don't have any experience on the topic?

Sorry meat-head, I already answered you here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20585&start=30#p304650

You've already proven yourself to be not worth anymore of my time to re-post on this subject.
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Postby belgear » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 am

oh and as far as the game is concerned, I am actually a carebear and prefer people's safety. So ***** off with your assumptions
belgear
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations