Smoked Meats - Domestic & Game

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Smoked Meats - Domestic & Game

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 am

Hello all. Recently ive been quite underwhelmed with the smoked meats. Something i remember fondly from some years ago. Id like the ability to improve the other recipes by using smoked meats where regular cuts are used as a way of improving some recipes.

I'd also like the ability to smoke domesticated meats. Hopefully being slightly better glutton values etc.

I'd also like to be able to Dry some meat using salt for instance. ( Regen food )
NeiroShop

Re: Smoked Meats - Domestic & Game

Postby Taipion » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Smoked cuts were quite a controversy some ...years.... ago, people saying they were too OP.

Then smokers were changed from being dirt cheap to requiring steel and iirc also higher skills, turning a nice thing for newer players into an exclusive tool for more advanced players making alts.
And then smoked cuts were nerfed in their stats.
And they were far not as OP as fruits are now. :D

So that is why they may seem disappointing to you now.

Asides from that, I kind of like the idea, if it'd be restricted to the less popular recipes, otherwise it may buff some high end foods too much.
From the implementation side, it should not be too hard to make a new group of "any meat cut" (to include smoked cuts) besides the already existing "any raw meat cut",
and smoked cuts, given their own multipliers, should blend in without much work either, so this might be very easy to do, which is why I like it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JoanXena » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 am

Smokers were OP because of the BPT (Bile per time added)
but now fruit is 315264252356 times better so the point is moot
gluttony is getting overhauled it looks like so I wouldn't worry too much about particular food groups at the moment
JoanXena

Postby Taipion » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 am

JoanXena wrote:Smokers were OP because of the BPT (Bile per time added)
but now fruit is 315264252356 times better so the point is moot
gluttony is getting overhauled it looks like so I wouldn't worry too much about particular food groups at the moment

A complete overhaul is probably still a good bit away, and reducing the cost and skill requirements of smokers to pre-nerf values would make them a nice mid-level basis for feasting for newer players, like fruits but much weaker, something the game is currently lacking completely.

Then again, a not so ambitioned new player might not really care, and a more ambitioned new player might to straight for fruits anyways.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Ideas & Innovations