No more telepathy in game!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

No more telepathy in game!

Postby bergamoth87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Not sure if a "small" idea or not, so ill post here....

Since its dangerous to kin players to chat and whatnot thanks to Harry Potters cursing folks around...

How about....... REMOVE ingame chat!! It was discussed in another thread, but forgotten...

How chat would work?

1. - Like in UO - chat has a "radius" and you can only be heard by those close by... Or if you're shouting.
2. - Add a new mechanic... Pidgeons/Crows/Falcons!!!
2.1. - Players wound be able to build an Avian Coop, similar to turkeys but cheaper to craft and mantain, very little food needed for less chores and grind (maybe add two variants, the normal one build with simple sticks/wood/etc and the good one with better materials but able to hold more food/letters/animals)
2.2. - Pidgeons would be easy to obtain or buy, crows would be for whitchys and falcons a store item. Pidgeons being the slower ones to deliver letters> 1/2/5/10/20/30mins? Falcons would be twice/trice/instant deliver maybe? Up to you JC.
2.3. - Crows could be used to some.... fun....
3. - Player write a letter with the target memorized name and hit send. If the target has a coop it will be stored inside it after the deliver time. (no need to kin, just memorize the player with w/e name you want.
4. - If the target don't have a coop it would be sent to the mail post at prov.

Nah, i'm not trolling... I like the RP in this idea, i sincerely enjoy it, just hope it wont lead to MORE chores/grind.. Please JC, have mercy <3
bergamoth87

Re: No more telepathy in game!

Postby gorniksam » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

nice try tbh
gorniksam

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 pm

***** that, it serves no purpose other than forcing players to use discord to chat.
Rifmaster

Postby bergamoth87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm

gorniksam wrote:nice try tbh

Thanks <3
bergamoth87

Postby gorniksam » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm

bergamoth87 wrote:

Thanks <3

accept my inv to kin pls
gorniksam

Postby bergamoth87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 am

gorniksam wrote:
bergamoth87 wrote:

Thanks <3

accept my inv to kin pls

Nevar! Heff will be jealous.. Don't want his wrath upon me.
bergamoth87

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 am

Rifmaster wrote:***** that, it serves no purpose other than forcing players to use discord to chat.

When I was active I don't think my town ever used in game chat. We only used skype for txt and voice.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 am

Dallane wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:***** that, it serves no purpose other than forcing players to use discord to chat.

When I was active I don't think my town ever used in game chat. We only used skype for txt and voice.

I wasn't talking about communication within a group, obviously for that you use something else.
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:00 am

Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote:

I wasn't talking about communication within a group, obviously for that you use something else.

Same with sending messages outside of town for the most part. Anyone I needed to get in touch with was a skype message or forum PM.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby bergamoth87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Dallane wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Same with sending messages outside of town for the most part. Anyone I needed to get in touch with was a skype message or forum PM.

Personaly, when i used to play with a team, we just used whatsapp for important messages and TS for hunting/w.iron sessions.. I only sujested the idea of pidgeons and etc for a more "RP" feel to it. And a way to message people like traders and etc that u just barely know. Place orders for items and etc... Yeah, i know, we have the forum for that in some extent, but still... Also, my idea in mind is having to feed the damn animals every 1 or 1/2 week at most. No huge boring chores.
bergamoth87

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations