WTF

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: WTF

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:20 am

in a total of 5 mins time? and i just read the sliver is suppose to stay on me??but when i logged back in i was still standing next to my lean to???
Hellsblackace

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:23 am

ok what you guys are saying makes sense and if i understand it correctly..... i should still have my stuff???
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:28 am

yup, when you get KO'd you spawn back at your leanto.
If you were robbed, it doesn't transport you, a player who robs you just looks into your leanto to see your inventory (if it's worth taking) ...a player needs the Larceny skill to do that to you.
You can learn skills in the game to discourage that type of thing happening to you, and you can build defenses to protect you and your stuff too.

Its a survival game.

If you have any questions about progressing in the game, just ask here on the forums or make a few friends inside the game, folks here are basically friendly, but some of us are slightly burnt-out by the games endless paranoia driven mechanics, lol.

Sorry about the coin loss, but again its not hard to recover anything you lose in this game.
(besides the store bought items)

Good luck.
Last edited by Ronch on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:29 am

Hellsblackace wrote:ok what you guys are saying makes sense and if i understand it correctly..... i should still have my stuff???

No, it looks like you were robbed, they took your coins too.
...Sorry about that, but its a survival game, not monopoly.
Ronch

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:32 am

but you said if i had a lean to which was and is still there......(ie:why would it go though the 10% 20% 30% on log out if its not logging you out???)
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 am

Hellsblackace wrote:but you said if i had a lean to which was and is still there......(ie:why would it go though the 10% 20% 30% on log out if its not logging you out???)

You might want to read through the replies on your thread here again.

1st
It looked by your description that you were KO'd. getting KO'd sends you back to your leanto or your claim in the game.
KO's in the game always drops your inventory and sends you to your leanto or claim.

2nd
After you further described what happened, its clear now that you were robbed by a player (not KO'd).
...When robbed, the robbing player can take as much or as little from you as he or she want's to.
Looks like they took everything, which is kinda mean to do that to a new player, but it does happen rarely.
Ronch

Postby belgear » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:17 am

I doubt he was robbed of his clothes. I still suspect no claim. Teleport to providence and then try and teleport home. Post here with where that drops you.
belgear
Customer

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 am

teleporting home from prov sends me to my lean to and considering i found my sled with some of my stuff....looks like my log out just wiped my character for some reason
Hellsblackace

Postby Champie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:01 am

Hellsblackace wrote:teleporting home from prov sends me to my lean to and considering i found my sled with some of my stuff....looks like my log out just wiped my character for some reason

This thread is a mess.

Finding "your sled with some of your stuff" does not mean that your logout "wiped your character" for "some reason"

Honestly, OP has given terrible information and Ronch made a giant mess by continuing to assert inaccurate or incomplete information and failing to stop OP from saying things that lead to confusion for anyone reading. I guarantee there were a dozen people who read this thread and said "it's not worth trying to sort out this nonsense."

To OP: forget it dude, whatever happened, it's over. Eventually you will have experienced enough things in the game and with the client, etc to have an epiphany, or you will forget all about it and move on.
Champie

Postby grapefruitv » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:07 am

This thread is indeed very confusing.
Judging from the general info, my bet would be that your leanto was claimed over and destroyed. But then you add weird details.

If you have no personal claim and there is something of value, most players would destroy your leanto instead of stealing things one by one. Your stuff will be just dropped on spot then for them to pick. And they can do this scentless for a price of 125s.

Were your coins in a purse/purses? If so, they would drop aswell.
Silver doesn't drop when you get knocked out, but that's not your case because when you KO you don't lose your clothing either.

If your leanto is still there and you are 100% sure you didn't claim another one, possibly built by your thief, while trying to sort out things here, then check for scents. You need to have tracking on and reload the area. There will be pink things, if someone took your things without destroying your leanto.

Log out won't wipe your characters for no reason, that's for sure. There are no bugs of that sort, so if you've lost your things there is always an explanation.

UPD: oh, I read on the other thread that your character was also damaged.
You sure you had full biles before? Maybe you just didn't notice.
Are you wearing a crown of thorns maybe?
Are you wearing itchy britches? That's a psychotic episode, it would make you take your clothes of. Combine that with knocking out and you will lose your clothes.
grapefruitv

PreviousNext

Return to Help!