WTF

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

WTF

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 am

i log out for 5 mins and when i get back ALL the stuff in my inventory is gone???
Hellsblackace

Re: WTF

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 am

You were probably Knocked out by an animal in the game or even a player through the exhaustion of one of your biles/humors.

When you get KO'd your character drops their inventory and everything inside of their backpack too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 am

no animals where around me and the only bar that was not full was the blue one when i logged out
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:44 am

Hellsblackace wrote:no animals where around me and the only bar that was not full was the blue one when i logged out

Okay.
If you did not build or claim a leanto or make a personal claim before you log out of the game, then your character will not actually log out, he or she will just stand there where you left them when you stopped playing.
...Then is when an animal or a player possibly KO'd you and caused you to drop your inventory.

Characters need some sort of claim in the game to actually log out of it, its best to have a bed too, but beds will not act as a claim though.
Last edited by Ronch on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:48 am

.......you mean the thing i was given at the start 3 hours ago???
Hellsblackace

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 am

and all the cash i had on me gone too? tough luck?
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:56 am

A leanto is the wooden half-tent looking thing, its not actually given to you, it is where the Indian scout dropped you off after the tutorial.
...You have to click on a leanto to claim it, it is not claimed until you do.

Later in the game you can build a personal claim stone and create your own territory and expand it with more coins, and even fence or wall in that territory to become much safer from such atrocities, lol.
After you progress into the early skills you can also build defenses that will attack players who try to violate you.

Normally your coins will not drop when you get KO'd, especially if the coins are in a purse in your character's purse-gear-slot.

It's not as traumatic as it seems now, it happens to most all of us playing
(Even players who've played for some time still get KO'd from time to time).

If this is not an acceptable feature in the game for you, then you might have picked the wrong game to play.
Ronch

Postby Hellsblackace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 am

everything was gone... coins, inventory, equipment and i had clicked on the lean to(a little white paper appeared) and my almost full health bars (blue was 1/4 low) all went under 50%
Hellsblackace

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:11 am

Indeed if you do not log out correctly your character will be left online and may be KO and killed. But it seems someone knocked over your leanto if you lost your equipment.
NeiroShop

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 am

Hellsblackace wrote:everything was gone... coins, inventory, equipment and i had clicked on the lean to(a little white paper appeared) and my almost full health bars (blue was 1/4 low) all went under 50%

Okay then,
If the gear your character was wearing is also gone, then you were robbed by another player, lol.

There are skills that you can easily train to track players who accost you in this game, you can even summon them to the game's justice system too once you learn more of the game's seemingly endless features.

If you still want to play the game and explore it further, do not settle or build near an already existing base.
(unless you know the owner of the base)
...Don't approach other players in the wilds either, you are only safe in the game's main Town, and then you are only simi-safe there.

It's actually a rather thrilling game to play, and again it is not as traumatic as it seems at first glance losing your stuff.
Meaning, its rather easy to recover, even if your character gets killed.
Last edited by Ronch on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Next

Return to Help!