how was I able to die while not in the game?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

how was I able to die while not in the game?

Postby scabby » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 am

Is someone able to kill you while you're not in the game or while "asleep" in a bed? I just logged in after being out a few days and my character is gone.
scabby

Re: how was I able to die while not in the game?

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:02 am

it is only possible really if you A) Somehow didnt go to bed and your character stayed online or B) You dropped scents, Like desecrating a skeleton, lewting dead guys, scalping etc all leave scents even though it dosnt prompt you to click criminal acts.

Welcome to salem. 1st death is a learning experience. If you need any help getting started up again shoot me a pm
NeiroShop

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:11 am

Or,
Your claim was either not paid or otherwise destroyed by a player, which if you were logged out at that time would send your character to Town naked when your claim was destroyed... then your character probably froze to death in Town.

How long since this character's last log in prior to you noticing it's death ?
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby scabby » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 am

Not first death. First unexplained death. I have not looted or stolen, I play peacefully. My wife logged in and came to our homestead and asked "why are you dead?" Nothing anyone replied or anything I've read in the forums (been playing off and on since the game released) has me understanding why my character died when I wasn't in the game.
scabby

Postby scabby » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 am

Ronch wrote:Or,
Your claim was either not paid or otherwise destroyed by a player, which if you were logged out at that time would send your character to Town naked when your claim was destroyed... then your character probably froze to death in Town.

I last logged in 3 days ago.
scabby

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 am

Dont give false info. Your character wont be forced online for losing homestead. Is Only scents or user error(closing the game without logging off etc).
NeiroShop

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 am

NeiroShop wrote:

Dont give false info. Your character wont be forced online for losing homestead. Is Only scents or user error(closing the game without logging off etc).

I forgot to mention part of that scenario, thank you for pointing out my error.
If your claim is destroyed and then the bed that you are sleeping in is destroyed while you are offline I am pretty sure your character will be forced online and dropped naked inside of Town.
...If you would like proof by testing it out, I would be happy to oblige you. :P

scabby wrote:
I last logged in 3 days ago.

Well, you didn't die from a cold snap then.

One more question;
Is the bed that your dead character was sleeping in still there ?
...If it is, then I would say you probably accidentally (or intentionally) committed a crime and someone summoned you or sent you to the stocks is how your character died.
Last edited by Ronch on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ronch

Postby scabby » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:03 am

Maybe I'm not understood correctly. I'm not giving false information because i'm looking for help not sympathy. Is it possible that the java TSR can stay connected to the server even if the client appears shut down? Even so, the computer I played on is shut down every night playing on Ubuntu 16.04. I know in minecraft java can stay active after the client is shut down but it's never happened in Salem...again, I'm guessing. I got my homestead back through inheritance as I've done before...I simply don't understand how I died when I used my bed to log out and I've never played AFK...not in Salem.
scabby

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:08 am

@ scabby
I think the "false info" accusation was directed at me, not you.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 am

Ronch strikes out again!
Man, i havent seen a single accurate advice from you.
Are you sure you are abble to read properly? Being dislexic would explain a lot.
ZoddAlmighty

Next

Return to Help!