Is JC awesome, or what ?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Is JC awesome, or what ?

Postby Ronch » Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

John Carver is awesome, and in my opinion these are the reasons why:

He sees and effectively shuts down ass-hats in his game and or on the forums when necessary too.
Ass-hats who exploit features in "his" game.
Ass-hats who intentionally try to run their fellow players out of "his" game.

He doesn't bow to threats, pressure and or intimidation tactics from any ass-hat, whether they're ass-hats from inside "his" team or ass-hats who have played or are still playing "his" game.

He sees and calls things what they are
(he isn't politically correct).

He rules Salem with confidence.
Doesn't care about the disgruntled-speculations over his absence(s).

Practices patience and long suffering before he finally takes necessary action.

He updates the game on a regular basis, usually.
And the updates are not just fluff, they are creative and aimed at long term goals that he discusses with players beforehand which is very rare in a game of any genre.

He communicates to the players about "his" game, but not just communicates to them, he communicates with them reciprocally point by point. which again is rare for any game of any genre.
(knows and practices reciprocal communication)

And finally... He has the number of every ungrateful ass-hat in "his" game.

Overall, we are lucky to have access to Salem.
Salem is an awesome game, period...and the reason we have Salem today is still: JC
Last edited by Ronch on Tue May 22, 2018 2:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Is JC awesome, or what ?

Postby Heffernan » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

inb4Darwoth
Heffernan

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Too bad he isn't around :(
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:Too bad he isn't around :(

? wrote:He rules Salem with confidence.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Vision quest complete.

Someone post my gif I'm not at a computer.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Ronch wrote:John Carver is awesome, and in my opinion these are the reasons why:

He sees and effectively shuts down ass-hats in his game and or on the forums when necessary too.
Ass-hats who exploit features in "his" game.
Ass-hats who intentionally try to run their fellow players out of "his" game.

He also threatens to ban anyone who dares have fun in a way that he does not like. What you just said means that he censors those who say he ruined the game, and that advise others to not play it. If you support that then you are a moron.

Ronch wrote:He doesn't bow to tHreats, pressure and or intimidation tactics from any ass-hat, whether they're ass-hats from inside "his" team or ass-hats who have played or are still playing "his" game.

What you are saying is that he ignores people who constantly tell him that he has ruined the game, which he has done. If you think of this as a positive thing, you are a moron.

He sees and calls things what they are.
(he isn't politically correct).

I don't see how this makes him awesome, and I don't see any examples of this.

He rules Salem with confidence.

He does not care about the game, it is his toy that he can pay attention to occasionally, then stop caring about it for a year. If you think that makes him awesome, you are a moron.

Practices patience and long suffering before he finally takes necessary action.

Takes all the time in the world to solve something gamebreaking, but jumps on to changing something for the worse without thinking about his actions for more than a minute. If you think that makes him awesome, you are a moron.

He updates the game on a regular basis, usually.
And the updates are not just fluff, they are creative and aimed at long term goals that he discusses with players beforehand which is very rare in a game of any genre.

He DEFINITELY does not update the game on a regular basis. He asks "how far should tree disease spread" instead of "how should fruit trees be fixed". He ignores essential broken parts of the game while focusing on completely unimportant and carebear aspects of the game, turning the game into Shove a pill up your animal's ass simulator 2018. If you think any of these things make him awesome, you are a moron.

He communicates to the players about "his" game, but not just communicates to them, he communicates with them reciprocally point by point. which again is rare for any game of any genre.
(knows and practices reciprocal communication)

He tells everyone how his way is the only correct one, and everyone else is wrong. He then implements what he thinks is right, in spite of protest by the players that actually know what they are talking about. He makes the game worse by not listening. Then he denies that anything is wrong with the game. You are a moron.

And finally... He has the number of every ungrateful ass-hat in "his" game.

What does that even mean

Overall, we are lucky to have access to Salem.
Salem is an awesome game, period...and the reason we have Salem today is still: JC

Currently there is tons of better games than salem out there. The only way you could be lucky about having access to salem is that the game has so few players, even morons like you can have some kind of impact on it.
Why exactly do you think the reason salem exists is JC?
Rifmaster

Postby nosfirebird » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

rif if you think you can make a better game then go do it. its jc's game he can do what he wants
nosfirebird

Postby Rifmaster » Wed May 16, 2018 7:17 pm

nosfirebird wrote:rif if you think you can make a better game then go do it. its jc's game he can do what he wants

Splendid argument there, I see you are also in the autism club.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm

I'd expect nothing else from the self proclaimed RiffClaeyt_2.0,
keep up the good work buddy.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby belgear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm

o.o
did you just compare Rif to Claeyt?
belgear
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses