Infertile female sheep?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Infertile female sheep?

Postby Shadeen » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello! I have some sheep in a barn, and I have sectioned them off using barn fences. I am trying to breed for fun colors, so I currently have all of my black and white (spotty) female sheep in a stall, next to my black and white (again, spotty) rams. I know they can mate through the fences, as my other color sheep do it normally.

The problem is that for 4 seasons now, there are no new babies in the stall with the black and white spotty female sheep. What gives? Is this genetics, or a bug?
Shadeen

Re: Infertile female sheep?

Postby Chrumps » Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm

The organ animals use for breeding, despite it's impressive size is still finite. Keep female within 11 tiles from male.
Chrumps

Postby Shadeen » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 am

Thanks, but they actually are well within 11 tiles, and I've also placed a different colored ram in the females' pen, but nothing. Do your black and white female sheep produce offspring?
Shadeen

Postby Chrumps » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

There are rumours that lowering temperament helps. Can't confirm though. My animals do well without paying much attention to temperament.
Make sure it is fed well.
Also, make sure both male and female are healthy.

Also, look at these statements by JC viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20065&p=295651

I heard about similar problems, strangely they were solved by introducing another animal which is weird. Just in case you may try take the animal outside the barn and back and see if it helps. That's in case there was some glitch.

Entering barn several times a day and staying there for a while gives more chances for animals to give birth.

And answering your question, I do not have problems with animal fertility, though I do not watch any particular animal closely.
Chrumps

Postby Shadeen » Mon May 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Thank you! I will try that. There are multiple oreo-colored female sheep in one stall, with food (always), and their temperament never gets below ~5. In the next stall I got the oreo-colored rams, same deal. When I had all of the animals in one big stall, I couldn't tell which particular female sheep gave birth. Ever since I color coded the stalls (lol) I noticed that the oreo-colored females (all of them) are not giving me any babies... I have had multiple from the other animals.

As for being healthy, I keep an eye on them, and give them the lubed up suppository whenever they get sick. Is there anything more to keeping them healthy that I am missing?
Shadeen

Postby Chrumps » Mon May 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Shadeen wrote: Is there anything more to keeping them healthy that I am missing?

I was merely referring to this post by JC.
Chrumps

Postby yuukki » Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Witchcraft
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby gorniksam » Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm

yuukki wrote:Witchcraft

he trolling help omg, ban her
gorniksam

Postby Shadeen » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am

Ok, last night, after introducing a regular white ram in their pen, they gave birth to 4 lambs. So weird! Thanks, everyone, for your input!
Shadeen

Return to Help!