Hypothermia Debuff Cycles On and Off?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Hypothermia Debuff Cycles On and Off?

Postby Zapt13 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:59 am

Taipion wrote:
Zapt13 wrote:OH, nevermind, it just seems it's still doing the on-off thing.... My first bughat?

no, has just not been fixed yet

But I am the OP!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Taipion » Sun May 06, 2018 2:26 am

Zapt13 wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Zapt13 wrote:OH, nevermind, it just seems it's still doing the on-off thing.... My first bughat?

no, has just not been fixed yet

But I am the OP!

You were likely not the first to report that. :P

Also fun fact, there are several different zones on the server, that have different cold lvls (displayed temperature with thermoscope is the same though),
in general more north means colder, and no, that was not intentional. :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby rodneymillerpca » Sun May 06, 2018 3:43 am

I had the same oddity today for the first time. I just made a Frontiersman's Duster. http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Frontiersman%27s_Duster That is actually one of the reasons I like Salem. You never know what to expect next. :o I do not see this as a bug. I see it as a foundation of a neat twist.
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 am

Sorry to necro this thread, but is there any way of getting around this without only clothing? Keeps cycling from 97 to nothing and can't run anywhere
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am

Stay indoors
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Chrumps » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 am

Use a cricket or a canoe.
Chrumps

Postby Taipion » Fri May 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but is there any way of getting around this without only clothing? Keeps cycling from 97 to nothing and can't run anywhere

No, especially if you're using heated stones or torches to stay warm, it will only be warm for 6 seconds once every 30 seconds as the game checks for your temp every 6 seconds, but considers additional heat sources like a nearby fireplace or torch or heated stones only once every 30 sec.

Also note that running will consume phlegm but not increase your speed if you have even 97 hypthermia, so keep it off. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Taipion wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but is there any way of getting around this without only clothing? Keeps cycling from 97 to nothing and can't run anywhere

No, especially if you're using heated stones or torches to stay warm, it will only be warm for 6 seconds once every 30 seconds as the game checks for your temp every 6 seconds, but considers additional heat sources like a nearby fireplace or torch or heated stones only once every 30 sec.

Also note that running will consume phlegm but not increase your speed if you have even 97 hypthermia, so keep it off. ;)

Yeah I've been noticing that. Bummer
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby monkeybee11 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:15 pm

attcherly the coldness buff thing is gone my end happened after making a crow feather cape
monkeybee11

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities