Arist's Corner

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Arist's Corner

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 am

Not sure if it's considered "art" but I liked how this came out anyway :p
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 am

Paradoxyc wrote:

quality photography is certainly art. if that is what you are pursueing or have an interest in it you should do so.

(i like the picture as well, your float value must of been in tune when you took it)
Darwoth

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 am

Darwoth wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:

quality photography is certainly art. if that is what you are pursueing or have an interest in it you should do so.

(i like the picture as well, your float value must of been in tune when you took it)

I'm a pretty low float photographer at the moment but definitely working on improving through practice and critique from my dad who's been doing his for a while. Thanks for the compliment :)

This how you feel brushing off abuse?
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Fri May 11, 2018 7:05 am

@paradoxyc: nice photos! you should be creating textures for blender with your photos (if you arent doing that already).

i thought of suggesting that we should have an art competition with theme "DEV ABUSE", but since most of the playerbase are selling out to marp, i didnt see much point in it. maybe later when we hopefully have a "creative director" who has a sense of integrity.

@darwoth: thanks. i didnt manage to reproduce the full effect, but it is close enough.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Hose » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 am

A "DEV ABUSE" Art competition would be heaps fun tbh.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 am

Qiresea wrote:@paradoxyc: nice photos! you should be creating textures for blender with your photos (if you arent doing that already).

i thought of suggesting that we should have an art competition with theme "DEV ABUSE", but since most of the playerbase are selling out to marp, i didnt see much point in it. maybe later when we hopefully have a "creative director" who has a sense of integrity.

@darwoth: thanks. i didnt manage to reproduce the full effect, but it is close enough.

I'm very neutral on the matter and don't want to take sides, as I like Marp personally but also don't stand for intervention like that. Pic was just for comedic relief lol

I haven't actually thought about that believe it or not, but that's a cool idea. I don't know if my camera (Sony a6000) is good enough to make high quality textures other than 2k, which for me defeats the purpose since most of my closeup renders either need very high resolution or it's far away enough to not matter. Maybe it would be cool for creating 3D scanned objects as seen here
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 7:41 am

Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 am

nice ! :D

btw are you on the blender discord servers? these guys have weekly competitions and they make awesome stuff, really worth following
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Qiresea
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri May 11, 2018 8:15 am

Qiresea wrote:

nice ! :D

btw are you on the blender discord servers? these guys have weekly competitions and they make awesome stuff, really worth following

Thank you! Going to the city again tomorrow with some buddies of mine so I'll try to post more this weekend. And nope I'm not involved but send me an invite and I'll join! I usually just enter the Reddit contests when I can and follow r/Daily3D for practice prompts (been slacking this year)
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 am

Paradoxyc wrote:Thank you! Going to the city again tomorrow with some buddies of mine so I'll try to post more this weekend. And nope I'm not involved but send me an invite and I'll join! I usually just enter the Reddit contests when I can and follow r/Daily3D for practice prompts (been slacking this year)

cool :) please send me your discord name in a pm and i will send you an invite :)

Qiresea
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill