Decreasing madness on extreme earlier game

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Decreasing madness on extreme earlier game

Postby frait » Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks, WeebKiller.
One egg give you +100 affluence, what is not enough. +225 or so is needed. I will collect set to visit den, ok. I have a hope to find more geodes, had only 2 of them and only one was installed successfully.
Teddy is not cursed, because madness is not increasing. But not decreasing also. What if it have a chance only to make -1? I can be sure only about two nights, when main had more 8 hours to sleep. In a day I am logging from time to time with this char.
If decreasing has a chance to be failed, it can be failed twice.
frait

Postby tao5858 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:11 pm

frait wrote:Thanks, WeebKiller.
One egg give you +100 affluence, what is not enough. +225 or so is needed. I will collect set to visit den, ok. I have a hope to find more geodes, had only 2 of them and only one was installed successfully.
Teddy is not cursed, because madness is not increasing. But not decreasing also. What if it have a chance only to make -1? I can be sure only about two nights, when main had more 8 hours to sleep. In a day I am logging from time to time with this char.
If decreasing has a chance to be failed, it can be failed twice.

mine always make -1 madness lvl to me every time, make sure you have 8 hours full sleep.

equip your teddy and go to town, spend 150 silver to clean the curse, just in case.

there's some player can help you slot item at higher chance for free, feel free to ask them for help :D
tao5858

Postby Chrumps » Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Did you sleep in a bed (any bed) or just laid down on a floor ?
Also, make sure it is full 8 hours.

If there is a spider biome (orange-green one) near your place there might be a hangman on one of the trees. Loot him for useful papers or chop down the tree.
Chrumps

Postby frait » Sun May 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks for answers.
I have biome with spiders on my home, but no hangman I was found. It walked already. I am sleeping in leaf bed in mine, will wait few hours before logging just to be sure it more 8. Will check teddybear for curse, if madness still the same.
If I count butchering with bare hands, madness doesn't look abnormal now. If you approved, teddybear make -1 each time, it nice to be sure. My question was about "why so strange and what I should do". And thanks, it resolved now.

I think, my 58-66% for trash artefacts slotting is fine enough. Nice to known, what I can ask help for slotting something precious.
frait

Postby frait » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 am

On last time teddybear worked nicely. Not so matter, why I was wrong. Or I had 6 level instead of 5 previously and it worked yesterday also. Or it was not 8 hours.
frait

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 pm

After a brief search, I found this near your homestead.

As was suggested, I think the most likely cause is butchering with hands or a cursed teddy bear, but these guys can cause a hit to your madness that sometimes doesn't update until you enter another instance (like a house/mine) which could potentially delay to the point where you go to sleep it then registers the madness levels and you die. If you're going to continue to live near this biome, I recommend keeping a better eye out for them as they can do a lot of damage if ignored.

Also

Cleaned up the derails.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
Cleaned up the derails.

which "derail"? all of the "moved derails" seemed quite on topic to me.

was it THIS one?

Memento wrote:
There is always the possibility that the developers raised your madness. They have been known to increase a players madness every now and again.

or this one?

Darwoth wrote: it certainly is true. just like all the other ***** dirty laundry around here that instead of being cleaned up is denied instead. such as the dev team spreading lies and dirt about each other like cowards for years, ***** ass taipion selling illegal bots in discord which i personally know now four different ***** players he sold them to including heffernan marp knows full well he does it as well then pisses himself and acts like a whiney ***** here when i call taipion out on it.

as for artificial madness raising it has happened and does happen. i know people it happened to while they were standing there after annoying the devs since i highly doubt anyone in the game has tested insanity more than i have i know enough to know that what occured in the circumstances that happened was direct intervention. then there is all the other shenanigans such as my and others vendors being deleted "accidentally" 3 times in under 30 hours on one of them, nearly a dozen characters being killed as many different times by "ackchudenchally leabin the imafagflag on maaaaaan" for an event that never happened, billions in free terraforming for the favored ones, "certain" people who have a habit of spending their welfare check on store furniture who die on their primary every few months and have been restored 3+ times and so on.

salem is dirtier than a somalian ***** and corrupt as *****. simply own it and dont try to ***** the new players, it might annoy the handful of us who know better and still check in from time to time that can prove our claims.

salem is a fun game if you understand what "emulator rules" are and can have fun in that environment and enjoy farmville.

maybe it was THIS one?

TotalyMeow wrote: Yes, I know Marp is a problem and that he does many of these things, but there's not much I can do about it except complain to John and he doesn't seem to care enough to put a stop to it, sadly. I do think a new player who is wondering why his madness suddenly increased doesn't have to consider Marp on the list of possible causes and doing so will only make it more difficult for him to figure out what is actually going wrong. Marp only persecutes you and other veteran players he doesn't like. It's sad, and I wish I could stop him, but I can't. I know those of you who have been impacted by his bad behavior hate it and want to talk about it, but constantly telling newbies in Help that the devs are out to get them serves no purpose and doesn't help them solve their actual problems when you know that Marp isn't doing anything to new players.

to bad you cant seem to clean up the fact that you are a lieing piece of **** though eh?

dont worry bruh, i am sure you had nothing at all to do with the games already dismal population halving itself in under two months. (current count as of this post, have seen it lower)

whats that number really work out to? 25 online players? 30?
Darwoth

Postby Qiresea » Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
Cleaned up the derails.

seriously? you just moderated another admin for publicly confirming that you have been dev-abusing? what kind of moderation is that?
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Qiresea wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:
Cleaned up the derails.

seriously? you just moderated another admin for publicly confirming that you have been dev-abusing? what kind of moderation is that?

I would lie if i said i was suprised.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 pm

marps abuses across a wide swath of the veteran community has been the singlemost contributing reason for the games decline since the day it was acquired by the "new team" years ago. after lengthy phone conversations on the issue and getting a handle on it for the sake of the game it has been confirmed multiple times the only reason he has not been ***** entirely from "the team" is because he "works" for "free"

you know, by scribbling turds together on blender once a never that are no better than the myriad of free **** plastered all over the art thread and for throwing a ten minute event for 2 people once every 3 months.

edit: prob why he is such a popular fellow.

Last edited by Darwoth on Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Help!