Witch's Tower.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Witch's Tower.

Postby NeiroShop » Thu May 03, 2018 9:16 am

Hello all again. The idea that Salem has too few buildable actual buildings botherd me still.

Witch's Tower. Would function like a reversed Church. Increasing darkness around it. For simplicitys sake itd look like the new windmill inside without the mechanisms ofc and instead maybe have alchemy table etc.

Itd require Argopelter hearts or some other Darken animal drop to function say 1 heart for 5 days. Im sure JC and his little elves can come up with other witchy things to add to this as well.
NeiroShop

Re: Witch's Tower.

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu May 03, 2018 9:30 am

Would you mind elaborating your idea ?
ZoddAlmighty

Postby GigiBecali » Thu May 03, 2018 9:37 am

If not expanding darkness cause that would be maybe OP, it should work as a TBF.

Imagine working on your farm and suddey the area gets dark and gloomy. You are now under the influence of the Witch Tower.

After a while when you tought nothing's gonna happen, you notice strange stuff going on with you and your base
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Postby Goodman12 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Recently, I caught myself pondering the idea of a witch tower aswell
I personally don't care about what it could be used for witch craft wise but in regards to the "reverse church" part. It should not be effective in natural brightness.
Instead, it should be used as a counter effect to the light brought by churches. This will be used to prevent players from easily abusing churches to harass witch players due to the drain they receive from areas with high brightness.
I don't quite like the idea of there being some type of power source to make the witch tower effective but should that be the case:
1) Churches should also require a power source.
2) There should be multiple levels of power source - Whichever structure has the highest level of power source dominates. If both structures have their respective source of power at the same level the brightness should be at a neutral spot where both non witches and witches can walk around peacefully without drain.
However if it is just made so that the Witch Tower dominates over the church it would give raiders incentive to create Witch raiders and witch fighters etc
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Ronch » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Overall I like the idea, and like all of the ideas attached to it so far too.

Another idea:
If a Witch's Tower does manage to get constructed in the light, and is not destroyed by a certain amount of time, then have it spawn bad things like darkness itself or dark creatures progressively.
(or have it spawn little meme-zodds who repeat the words "look at me, look at me")
Last edited by Ronch on Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu May 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Ronch wrote:Overall I like the idea, and like all of the ideas posted here so far too.

Another idea:
If a Witch's Tower does manage to get constructed in the light, and not destroyed by a certain amount of time, then have it spawn bad things like darkness itself or dark creatures progressively. (or little meme-zodds)

Yes, i like the idea.
Currently im sitting on 138kgs and i feel like bulking up in 1 or 2 more months gym wise.
Id gladly accept a role of a darkness miniboss that feasts on ronches.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby gorniksam » Thu May 03, 2018 3:10 pm

+1 would spam those around vatican
gorniksam

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 am

Goodman12 wrote:Recently, I caught myself pondering the idea of a witch tower aswell
I personally don't care about what it could be used for witch craft wise but in regards to the "reverse church" part. It should not be effective in natural brightness.
Instead, it should be used as a counter effect to the light brought by churches. This will be used to prevent players from easily abusing churches to harass witch players due to the drain they receive from areas with high brightness.
I don't quite like the idea of there being some type of power source to make the witch tower effective but should that be the case:
1) Churches should also require a power source.
2) There should be multiple levels of power source - Whichever structure has the highest level of power source dominates. If both structures have their respective source of power at the same level the brightness should be at a neutral spot where both non witches and witches can walk around peacefully without drain.
However if it is just made so that the Witch Tower dominates over the church it would give raiders incentive to create Witch raiders and witch fighters etc

This is really what i was thinking of however as a church power source i was thinking simply pilgrims praying every now and then would keep it going. I was also thinking around the witch tower even in light itd be only like 5-10tiles in all directions that would be twilight darkness enough so that the witch dosnt need to be shrouded all the time if its out cursing light living pilgrims.
NeiroShop

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:26 pm

NeiroShop wrote:Hello all again. The idea that Salem has too few buildable actual buildings botherd me still.

Witch's Tower. Would function like a reversed Church. Increasing darkness around it. For simplicitys sake itd look like the new windmill inside without the mechanisms ofc and instead maybe have alchemy table etc.

Itd require Argopelter hearts or some other Darken animal drop to function say 1 heart for 5 days. Im sure JC and his little elves can come up with other witchy things to add to this as well.

Earlier this week I was thinking about JC's warning to us back in January about the drastic changes in the upcoming witchcraft update, and your Witch's Tower idea immediately came to my mind.
...I really like the Tower idea, just had to say it again.
I hope folks will offer some more idea's or feedback toward witchcraft before it's to late.

By re-reading JC's plans in this area, it looks to me as if Witch's (those foul creatures) will be playing a much larger roll in this game's future PvP.
So for you players who don't like hack n slash PvP, you might want to consider giving Witches a try in the game, just to give you some sort of eventual recourse if any PvP does come your way.

Here is a link to what JC offered us so far about his thoughts on the witchcraft changes that he has planned:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20322&hilit=Witch+way#p299587

Here is another link from JC about those witchcraft changes:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20334&start=30&hilit=the+adventures+of
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby gorniksam » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:53 am

Ronch wrote:Here is a link to what JC offered us so far about his thoughts on the witchcraft changes that he has planned:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20322&hilit=Witch+way#p299587

Here is another link from JC about those witchcraft changes:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20334&start=30&hilit=the+adventures+of

tales of never gonna happen
gorniksam

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations