most annoying thing in saslem

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

most annoying thing in saslem

a) rats in darkness
34%
b) crows everywhere
16%
c) darwoth's *****/complaining at forum
29%
d) heffernan being successful
21%

Total votes : 73

Re: most annoying thing in saslem

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Faultierstein wrote:yea I know pvers are care bears or whatever but it’s still a player base of which Salem doesn’t have much of

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Petunnia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:02 am

Dallane wrote:
Petunnia wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:the most annoying thing....guess it would have to be no pve option, I’m all for PvP but after a while it gets boring, should have some mechanic to disallow attacking players and claims who opt out, make it permanent so can’t switch between the two, yea I know pvers are care bears or whatever but it’s still a player base of which Salem doesn’t have much of

I would also like to opt-out of PvP. It's not something I'm interested in. I really just like building my homestead and crafting. After watching Gamer Zakh's videos "Surviving Salem", I try to dodge any other player I encounter. I've just been playing for a short time and I don't want to be killed, being new and still learning the game mechanics.

You both should make friends and build large walls backed up with braziers. You have already made a embarrassment of yourselves posting about a pve option which is beyond ***** retarded. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Oh! Not even a month in and I've already encountered the big bad moderator man. Do you live on here? :lol: Oh, boy...
Petunnia

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 am

I'm surprised it took that long. Mods are very active here.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Petunnia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:51 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I'm surprised it took that long. Mods are very active here.

It didn't take that long. I think the response was almost instant. I meant that long playing the game. That was my very first post. It made me question the type of moderator that insults new people instantly on their first post. Maybe that's actually the most annoying thing in Salem? :lol:
Petunnia

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:56 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I'm surprised it took that long. Mods are very active here.

Sorry to let you down Meow. Work has got me busy.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:34 am

Petunnia wrote:I would also like to opt-out of PvP. It's not something I'm interested in. I really just like building my homestead and crafting. After watching Gamer Zakh's videos "Surviving Salem", I try to dodge any other player I encounter. I've just been playing for a short time and I don't want to be killed, being new and still learning the game mechanics.

You can (or can almost) totally avoid PvP in the game on the Providence server, you are on the right track to it by avoiding other players on the map.
I'de also follow the other suggestions from players here about placing a decent amount of defenses inside your base's walls too. A good deterrence is enough to keep you safe from attack just as much as avoiding other players on the map is.

If by chance you do get killed or murdered in the game, there is an inheritance feature that you should read about to activate it's best features in the game.
I died just after the first few weeks of starting the game, and really thought that I was going to quit playing when that happened, but the inheritance feature(s) in the game do recover a very big chunck of the skills/proficiencies from your dead character and add them to your next created character on that account, but you also have to claim that inheritance too while you create the new character (before) the tutorial starts, or you wont receive it.
...I suggest reading up on descendants and or inheritance as soon as possible, if you haven't already.

PS: many PvP minded players, especially the ones that have been faithfully playing this game for many years get easily defensive when PvE minded players comment on the PvP aspects of the game.
...Also
Dalane has been a forum-Mod here for just as many years too (forum Modding for that long changes a person), dealing with the public on a daily basis isn't as easy as it appears, please keep that in mind too.
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:49 am

The worst part of the game for me now is: no slaves have been implemented into it yet !
The farming and even gluttony/cooking is too time consuming/grindy.

Not enough active Witches in the game anymore too.
¦]
Ronch

Postby Faultierstein » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:17 am

Dallane wrote:
Petunnia wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:the most annoying thing....guess it would have to be no pve option, I’m all for PvP but after a while it gets boring, should have some mechanic to disallow attacking players and claims who opt out, make it permanent so can’t switch between the two, yea I know pvers are care bears or whatever but it’s still a player base of which Salem doesn’t have much of

I would also like to opt-out of PvP. It's not something I'm interested in. I really just like building my homestead and crafting. After watching Gamer Zakh's videos "Surviving Salem", I try to dodge any other player I encounter. I've just been playing for a short time and I don't want to be killed, being new and still learning the game mechanics.

You both should make friends and build large walls backed up with braziers. You have already made a embarrassment of yourselves posting about a pve option which is beyond ***** retarded. Don't make the same mistake twice.

so its an embarrassment to want to improve a game? that's kind of sad, how successful is this game? um lets look at how many players are actually playing.....looks like 415 per day.....yeah not that popular, now lets look at world of Warcraft which has both pve and pvp they have over a million players, lets look at wurm, not as popular maybe a few thousand, also pve and pvp cant think of other games at the moment since salem wow and wurm is all i play besides my single player games, what's an embarrassment is you as a moderator, since you insulted a player on a already low player base lol now lets look at WoW for a moment, how many players they have compared to salem....like in the multi millions? roflmao....there isnt even a full 500 playing everyday lol thats an embarrassment, at this rate salem isnt even a game its a social experiment gone wrong rofl
Faultierstein

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 am

Faultierstein wrote:
so its an embarrassment to want to improve a game? that's kind of sad, how successful is this game? um lets look at how many players are actually playing.....looks like 415 per day.....yeah not that popular, now lets look at world of Warcraft which has both pve and pvp they have over a million players, lets look at wurm, not as popular maybe a few thousand, also pve and pvp cant think of other games at the moment since salem wow and wurm is all i play besides my single player games, what's an embarrassment is you as a moderator, since you insulted a player on a already low player base lol now lets look at WoW for a moment, how many players they have compared to salem....like in the multi millions? roflmao....there isnt even a full 500 playing everyday lol thats an embarrassment, at this rate salem isnt even a game its a social experiment gone wrong rofl

You've made your point, now move on, Dalane was quasi out-a-line, so fricken what... ?

Now, my point:
WoW is 'not' in Alpha or Beta (testing) not sure about Wurm however, whereas this game is and has been in testing for a very long time due to it's previous content history, and it's changing Developer's hands.
If one out-a-line comment is going to throw you this far off course, then maybe Alpha and Beta (games still being tested) like Salem is, isn't for you ?

I'de like to see you enjoy this game and keep playing it, but you so easily being offended and your inflated reactions to that offense is going to quickly push you right outta Salem ...by it's players, not by the Mods or the Developers
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ronch

Postby Faultierstein » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Ronch wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:

You've made your point, now move on, Dalane was quasi out-a-line, so fricken what... ?

Now, my point:
WoW is 'not' in Alpha or Beta (testing) not sure about Wurm however, whereas this game is and has been in testing for a very long time due to it's previous content history, and it's changing Developer's hands.
If one out-a-line comment is going to through you this far off course, then maybe Alpha and Beta (games still being tested) like Salem is, isn't for you ?

I'de like to see you enjoy this game and keep playing it, but you so easily being offended and inflated reactions to that offense is going to quickly push you right outta Salem ...by the players, not the Mods or the Developers

oh no im not offended not in the slightest, just wanted to paint the big picture, i couldnt give a rat's ass about what he says just a online figure spouting nonsense.
Faultierstein

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses