Renovate Raiding

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Renovate Raiding

Postby Heffernan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello, looking for ways to renovate raiding here heres some suggestions

Remove TbC (exept for murders)
============================
with the Removal of TbC alot more people will get into raiding, you can still be stocked but simply trying to raid and the other party just having to pick up your scents and ur gone is silly, lets remove TbC for Raiding

Have Ways to Drain
============================
at the moment drain is broke,n if youi have a town and just spam braziers and a pclaim you are basically becoming unraidable, we need more ways to Drain Defense or work on disabling them from outside, even a Catapult that fires slowly and does 2% damage to braziers would work since anyone should be actively defending (wichj is not needed atm since some bases cant even be raided)

Reduce Crits over Objects
===========================
the More Objects you have for Defense should do the damage they do now, but the Crit with having many objects should be reduced by 25-50% since having 50 braziers and 100 Torchposts shooting at you (in the example of my base) gets ALOT of crits and might instantly KO any raider no matter how many biles so they should be reduced depending on how many objects you have

Drain Pclaim
===========================
lets us use a Poopclaim or a Pclaim drain object that you need to place on the Edge of a enemy pclaim that slowly drains the cash in it like a Poopclaim does for Authority of Towns, that way people have a way to empty people having a 360days filled impossible pclaim

just for an example i discussed with the Judaism on Discord if i leave for a few Months and returned my town would be still untouched since not only does noone dare to raid me but (note to JC: incoming !!!trigger!!!) its also 100% impossible, i have 17 walls (stone, plank, stone, plank, brick, makeshift, stone, plank, brick, steel, stone, plank, brick, steel, brick, steel, steel) over 2k torchposts and about 1500 braziers and a 200k pclaim, ofcourse this took 3+ years to build up and should take time to raid, but shouldnt make it impossible to raid wich it is (if you say it is i dare u to proof), if you invest 10+ raidchaars and a few fighters, defend a TbF 24/7 and raid this for 3-4 weeks u might stand a chance of breaking a few walls but in the meantime the defender ported out all items (multiple ways even during a TbF) or destroyed them

please add stuf u think helps...
Heffernan

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Removal of the ability to catapult a tbf before 20h grace is done.
Increased soak
Decreased hitpoints
Rifmaster

Postby GigiBecali » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:45 pm

I would like to see passive defence(braziers, torchposts) nerfed and used only as an accesory defence whereas active defense to be the main "defence"(cannons, maybe other structures for active defending, even group ones)
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Postby j_chu » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:47 pm

- Catapults be able to rekt walls, if only partways, like take them down to 50%, rest would need to be done by hand. Heck, the catapults were MADE to take down walls.
Or give assault catapults, with less range and can be moved.

- Reduce (50 percent the current size) the ammo size for defences
j_chu

Postby Taipion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm

Heffernan wrote:..i discussed with the Judaism on Discord...

There goes all seriousness of this approach. *poof* aaaand it*s gone...

Raiding aside, a TbC rework could be interesting, considering everything it does, and things that may fit in as well:
- removing TbC for all but murder would kinda feel odd, but probably is a step in the right direction
- still, leanto-locking is an intersting aspect and could see use in one way or another, not only for murder scents

What else would make sense here, with the aim to penalize non-murder crimes without making them an instant death sentence?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:51 pm

j_chu wrote:- Catapults be able to rekt walls, if only partways, like take them down to 50%, rest would need to be done by hand. Heck, the catapults were MADE to take down walls.

Now think of how easy it would be to just throw a stone at an enemy brick/iron wall, for a laughable cost,
and then compare it to the repair costs of walls.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Taipion wrote:
j_chu wrote:- Catapults be able to rekt walls, if only partways, like take them down to 50%, rest would need to be done by hand. Heck, the catapults were MADE to take down walls.

Now think of how easy it would be to just throw a stone at an enemy brick/iron wall, for a laughable cost,
and then compare it to the repair costs of walls.

Why would it be laughable cost? It would be particularly difficult against bases with no quarries around.
On concord for example it took hundreds of boulders just to break a stone wall, god knows what it would take for brick/steel.
Rifmaster

Postby Propulsion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Might as well play this.
http://playdwell.com/
Propulsion

Postby Judaism » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 pm

It is nice to see that there nowadays is a large portion of the player base which admits that the current status is not like-able. This is quite a significant change due to the fact that most of the raid-orientated people have quit the game long ago. The game has become rigid and people have been abusing unintended mechanics for far too long, huge pclaims is such a thing. On top of that raid changes always were due as a compromise of the new walls and numerous other means to defend. Balancing this sadly very hard and comes with huge implications, therefore it has been delayed for years now.

I do hope tho that it finally is being prioritized and on a way which makes it interesting for all sides. Perma-death and risks has always been at the game's core, in recent years it gradually has shifted from this. I understand people are more invested nowadays and that people spend more time on their bases and characters with new skills but bear in mind that feeling save in a game such as Salem is be wrongly placed. People falsely add in more than just the time it takes to make walls and their defenses, they add in their production assets, their characters and all those things which honestly should be no concern to raiders.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby j_chu » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Make the boomstick useful.

Run to the wall, under raining volleys of arrows and stones, stick it into a hole and fireaway.

Ofc, for salem walking to the walls and rt-click with a boomstick in hand to do some significant percent damage.
j_chu

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations