darkness insanity rate

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

darkness insanity rate

Postby adiv » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:33 pm

hi.
i got this problem now, my char gain insanity lvls very fast, not like use to be, even if i learn every 1 minute items, its continue to lvl up the insanity, what should i do? i do leave in the darkness, is there any change in this that i need to know? and what could i do more then i allready did? i cant smoke tobbako every 1 minutes... i cant play like that..
adiv

Re: darkness insanity rate

Postby Taipion » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:37 pm

adiv wrote:hi.
i got this problem now, my char gain insanity lvls very fast, not like use to be, even if i learn every 1 minute items, its continue to lvl up the insanity, what should i do? i do leave in the darkness, is there any change in this that i need to know? and what could i do more then i allready did? i cant smoke tobbako every 1 minutes... i cant play like that..

Seeing darkness mobs adds insanity,

also, there might be a hanged man near your place, which iirc adds insanity any time it comes into visual range again.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Memento » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

you also need to throw in the possibility of developer abuse.
Memento

Postby adiv » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 pm

i do have hanged man in my city, how can i remove him/it?
i guess its some kind of quest allso? coss i did heared that sound of quest when he apeared.. where can i read about that new thing? (and thnx for guide me so far, i appreciate it)
adiv

Postby adiv » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 am

you also need to throw in the possibility of developer abuse

what does it means? i don't understand, can u explaine plz?
adiv

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:36 am

adiv wrote:you also need to throw in the possibility of developer abuse

Ignore that, he's trying to be funny (which can earn you a forum ban in the help sub forum).

You have a hanged man, cut the tree ASAP or you will gain tons of more madness and probably even die from it.

If you can (without risk of dying to madness), use a char with larceny to steal from the hanged man, gives a halfway valuable thing, and then cut the tree.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Memento » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 am

Taipion wrote:
adiv wrote:you also need to throw in the possibility of developer abuse

Ignore that, he's trying to be funny (which can earn you a forum ban in the help sub forum).

You have a hanged man, cut the tree ASAP or you will gain tons of more madness and probably even die from it.

If you can (without risk of dying to madness), use a char with larceny to steal from the hanged man, gives a halfway valuable thing, and then cut the tree.

Nothing funny about it. Seems to be a possibility from what i heard. Also if i was to get ban, why wouldnt you?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20448
Memento

Postby Ronch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 am

Memento wrote:
Nothing funny about it. Seems to be a possibility from what i heard. Also if i was to get ban, why wouldnt you?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20448

He was not saying you will get banned, he was speaking to the person who said Developers were messing with your insanity level.

Anyway, your insanity is caused by the hangman in your area, cut down the hangman's tree as soon as possible and your insanity will stop increasing so rapidly.
...Caution: if your insanity level is at 8, then use another character to chop down the hangman's tree, or it could possibly kill your character who has 8 insanity if you use him to chop that tree.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 am

Each time that a player looks at or can see the hangman tree it will cause insanity level to immediately increase.
(that is what is causing your increased rate of insanity)
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Propulsion » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Why are people chopping this tree down? Just loot the body and it goes away and you also get 10 ious when you turn in the evidence.
Propulsion

Next

Return to Help!