Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Should Gluttony be Evaluated?

Stahp It! Leave it alone, its fine and its only a VOCAL minority who don't like it.
19%
Too much change is bad. Keep tweaking it and hopefully one day we hit a good place. The core system is fine.
40%
Make major changes to the existing system, like removing restores. Find new ways to force variety without removing the whole thing.
12%
Remove the whole thing and spend your time on making Cravings the new system.
16%
Remove the whole thing and go with the Inspirational Idea. A simple reason to make all the stuff, without making everything so dang complicated.
12%

Total votes : 105

Re: Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Postby Methuzelah23 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:23 am

belgear wrote:

tbh just incorporate cravings in to gluttony and have it automatically give a point when the food is gluttoned, and then present a new craving. The only way a person could get a really huge awesome session is to have all the foods in their inventory. Boom. Variance. (Maybe x4 ff timer since it was so satisfying to fulfill your craving while in gluttony) Could then incorporate tables by being able to load them with wine, drink from the table for some added benefit (maybe it gets rid f the x4 ff timer and keeps it at 1 if you have the wine to go with the food)

or just leave things the way they are. The numbers game is strong in salem and it will always be broken down in to "X is the best."

+1
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Judaism » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 am

Wow it sounds like the gluttony issue has been resolved.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby riker88 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:46 am

I like the current system, I have ignored cravings all together because they don't display on the ender client.

I think people generally make 2-3 types of food for spamming. But there is a vast selection out there to choose from.

The one and only thing I would change would be the penalty/benefit to discourage power leveling alts. For example , players can get to 200 biles very quickly under the current system. Maybe cap sessions to 20 point gains , and make the waiting period between sessions like a week or two instead of a few days.
riker88
Customer

Postby Taipion » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

riker88 wrote:I like the current system, I have ignored cravings all together because they don't display on the ender client.

I think people generally make 2-3 types of food for spamming. But there is a vast selection out there to choose from.

The one and only thing I would change would be the penalty/benefit to discourage power leveling alts. For example , players can get to 200 biles very quickly under the current system. Maybe cap sessions to 20 point gains , and make the waiting period between sessions like a week or two instead of a few days.

look here,
in the 2nd spoiler is a fixed enders with cravings. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Brego » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am

i wish to make gluttony much more interesting and harder .For example to add 2 new buffs called Fullness and another one is Taste,otherwise it will make much harder the hole glyttony system .While people are spamming same type of food it becomes boring and making just same daily stuffs,until they start to create botting .So our Fullness buff will make sure you to feed limited amount of pieces with food ,until this bar got filled you need to do something to remove some points with this Fullness bar ,it can be different things to do from Mining/hunting to Farming/fishing.But next our Taste buff will make sure to fill our Fullness buff much slower ,what do i mean ,if you are going to eat different types of food it can fill this fullness bar very slowly against if you just eat all of same food this Fullness bar is going to fill very fast.Our second buff Testy is more like bonus while you can feed different types of food you can fill this bar and get bonus (x2,x3,x4,x5),it will make sure people to cook different types of food + you can still get a bonus with feasting set.But you still getting F&F buff that you can remove ,but you can't start to make next gluttony session until you make some work to remove Fullness buff.This idea is coming more against Alt system and AFK people who just logging in an a week and feeding . It's much harder but still getting more interesting to make different types of food group and getting more bonuses with this .I don't want realy touch Craving system because it is very good at the moment .
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Tomki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm

There have been good ideas as how to change gluttony. I wish there were more bonus in using different recipes. The game already offers a huge variety of recipes to make but there is no real benefit in doing so. I usually choose few easy to make recipes and spam them for gluttony session. A couple of ideas for gluttony:

1) Create a similar craving for next gluttony session as you already have for one food item. This craving could be one random food group that gives you 2x bonus compared to other food groups and would be activated on gluttony (fork icon). The food group craving would then change for next gluttony session.

For example, you could have a craving for fish food group. All fish food eaten in next gluttony session gives you bonus. The easier recipes (A fish in the reeds) would give less bonus than harder recipes (Jonah and the whales). Other food groups can be used as well without bonus. Also if you eat all food items in that food group you would get a hefty bonus (points to all biles).

2) Give a bigger reward for those using difficult recipes. Jalapenos, rare fish and golden acorns should have more value. I rarely find it worthwile to use these in recipes as the foods don't give enough bonus to use them as ingredients.

possible rare item benefits:
-gluttony bonus
-faster walking/running for limited duration
-faster soil digging for limited duration
-faster mining for limited duration
etc.

Like many others, I have also found myself logging in to play Salem less often. As a solo player there is always too much maintenance work even to keep my base running in sleep mode. Some changes to that would be appreciated.
Tomki

Postby Ronch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Tomki wrote:
Like many others, I have also found myself logging in to play Salem less often. As a solo player there is always too much maintenance work even to keep my base running in sleep mode. Some changes to that would be appreciated.

I would have never thought four months ago that I would feel this same way, but now I too dread logging in knowing that I have tedious chores and maintenance waiting for me as soon as I do.

Simplifying gluttony and or cooking would lighten everyone's load that feels this same dread. ...how to simplify it, I dunno ? :oops:
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Darwoth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Just let me spam thousands of the same food over and over without having to deal with the plethora of stupid recipes.
This is the only option I am not considering to be honest.

Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Just let me spam thousands of the same food over and over without having to deal with the plethora of stupid recipes.

so you quitting? im still waiting for you...

also i like the old system just give it a bit more balance
Heffernan

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Darwoth wrote:

Yea it's pretty retarded to force diversity in gluttony sessions. I've tried to do this on this expedition and every time that i make all kinds of foods from each food group that exists is when I realize that i've just spent 5 hours of my life making a single gluttony session followed by wondering if tying a noose around my neck and kicking the stool from beneath my feet would be a better idea than to keep playing and force feeding my character 50 types of pixels but in different colors.
Do people seriously have the patience to make thousands of different foods, with like 50 different ingredients?
More importantly, should boring yourself to the verge of uninstalling the game be required to have a well biled character?
Rifmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations