Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 am

All fairly reasonable actually. That was another big part of the patch was to have the horses be able to climb over ridges as least as high as their shoulders. So we now have the technology for animals to avoid ridges based on heights, I'll consider those things.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Adelewhy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:Patch Update:
----------------
All animals that 'roam' use the same AI functions to do so. Thus all animals that can fight you, alternate between the same roaming function and what normally amounts to a similar or custom fighting behavior. While this has served us well so far, I decided that it would be much cooler if I broke apart the roaming behavior from being hard coded and allowed different animals to 'roam' the lands under different terms.

Horses, for example, will be the first use of thsi technology, and I'm not entirely sure how prevalent it would be. It would be possible of course to make yetis only roam in the snow, and pigs only roam in the mud etc, etc. Feel free to comment if you have fun ideas about what unique roaming behaviors I could do. But for horses I have decided to give them herding AI and pack-AI. As well as I'm working on a collective spook mechanism so when you spook one in a pack, they will all follow him as they dart away.

Its loosely functional on the test server, but this, along with a handful of other complications and whims have caused yet another delay for 2.3 I am sorry but I can assure you each week you are not necessarily losing content or improvements, just amassing a larger chunk of it when I do get to dropping it.

Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. As for updates, having a little more time between updates, instead of having them every single Sunday, gives us a little more time to adjust and try to plan accordingly... which I'm thankful for, lol. Thanks for the informational post.
Adelewhy

Postby Lusewing » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 am

Pigs - Woodlands
Sheep - shrub
Goats - mountins
Cows - grasslands

Horses - plains/badlands

At least those are what seem to fit for me.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:02 am

wild de. animals ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby GWashington » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am

I always pictured domesticated pigs coming from breeding boars you find out in the wild
Cheena wrote:If I was asked WTF is wrong with Necrobane, I'd probably answer "GWashington was wrong with Necrobane".
GWashington

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:37 am

GWashington wrote:I always pictured domesticated pigs coming from breeding boars you find out in the wild

+1
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Propulsion » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Adelewhy wrote:
Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. As for updates, having a little more time between updates, instead of having them every single Sunday, gives us a little more time to adjust and try to plan accordingly... which I'm thankful for, lol. Thanks for the informational post.

Yes, slow it down a little. I am still trying to figure out how to make candy basket. Just don't go missing like some rivers and i think we all be content.
Last edited by Propulsion on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Propulsion

Postby toddesloan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Any chance you could patch in nails as one of the stock bin items?

With this patch I am sitting on so many nails due to salvaging. And it would be nice to store them outside of individual slots.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

toddesloan wrote:Any chance you could patch in nails as one of the stock bin items?

With this patch I am sitting on so many nails due to salvaging. And it would be nice to store them outside of individual slots.

Rather have a sack of nails or pail of nails
Tulgarath

Postby Sebthegrand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 pm

toddesloan wrote:Any chance you could patch in nails as one of the stock bin items?

Couldn’t you just make a alt and load him up?
Sebthegrand

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements