Madness ...

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Madness ...

Postby Motylop » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

I've got a problem with fast-growing madness.
About one minute after log in my madness level increase by one.
I go to bed with my teddy bear, sleeping more than 8h so I can reduce madness to 0.
But next login in, one-two minutes and madness is growing again...

Whats wrong with that game? Did I miss some update???
Help !!!
Motylop

Re: Madness ...

Postby Lusewing » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

a few things:

- Have you checked round your base for a tree with a man hanging from it - that will give you a huge boost to insanity everytime you see it, either loot the man for 10 IOU's you can trade in at the kings stall or chop the tree down
- Do you have lots of dead animals or bodies around? They also give insanity when you see them - same with crabs on a stick, but they have to be placed by other players.
- How did you get your teddy bear? Teddys can be cursed so that they give madness, if you bought your teddy ready made then that might be the cause.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Motylop » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm

My teddy bear is very old one bought at kings stall many months ago... And I'm sure he is safe ;)

What is a range of "crab on a stick"?

I've never heard about "man hanging on tree" - is that something new? I have not played almost the last few months...
Motylop

Postby Ronch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 am

Motylop wrote:My teddy bear is very old one bought at kings stall many months ago... And I'm sure he is safe ;)

What is a range of "crab on a stick"?

I've never heard about "man hanging on tree" - is that something new? I have not played almost the last few months...

Do you have a leanto homestead or a claim stone homestead when you sleep ?
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 am

So current madness doesn't show up immediately upon log in. It takes a moment and then suddenly it will say you gained madness. You may not have.. .it might just be madness that hasn't gone away. Are you actually logging out IN a bed? Are you 100% its more then 8 hours? Any chance anyone has had access to your bear? The King's stall hasn't been around in a very long time so are you 100% you bought it from there and not a player stall?
Adelewhy

Postby Chrumps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am

Have you ever been robbed? Someone might stole your bear, curse it and then drop in your place again.
And indeed, if you had a level of madness at the moment of waking up it will show up only a few seconds after you login, so you may think you just gained a level.
Chrumps

Postby Motylop » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Yep, I had a home claim. I sleep in bed. I know that madness lvl doesn't show up immediately upon log in and I vave to wait few seconds.

But this is not that case.

I notice that madness lvl do not increase inside house.
It seems it grows only in northern part of my base - but I have to confirm that.

I'm more and more convinced to crab on stick or hangman....

What is a range for hangman and for crab on stick???
Motylop

Return to Help!