catapult doesnt damage until after 20hrs (tbf)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

catapult doesnt damage until after 20hrs (tbf)

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

now that we have catapults i think that tbf's should have the raid timer reduced to around 4-6 hours instead of 24. just my 2 cents

reasoning behind it is i think that 24 hours is far to long to try to defend a tbf since now you just have to run a catapult out and shoot it down
to me 4 hours is a bit short but 6 hours increases the chance that someone sees and can start gathering people to defend possibly adding a defensive structure to the outer layer that can extend the time by another 2 hours that the raiders can catapult down.

census looks to be make catapults not do damage to tbf's till the 20 hr mark and leave mortars the way they are
Last edited by nosfirebird on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nosfirebird

Re: reduce trial by fire raid timer

Postby Heffernan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 pm

nosfirebird wrote:now that we have catapults i think that tbf's should have the raid timer reduced to around 4-6 hours instead of 24. just my 2 cents

reasoning behind it is i think that 24 hours is far to long to try to defend a tbf since now you just have to run a catapult out and shoot it down
to me 4 hours is a bit short but 6 hours increases the chance that someone sees and can start gathering people to defend possibly adding a defensive structure to the outer layer that can extend the time by another 2 hours that the raiders can catapult down.

some people work for 8h and dont spend 24/7 in Salem tho :?
Heffernan

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Heffernan wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:now that we have catapults i think that tbf's should have the raid timer reduced to around 4-6 hours instead of 24. just my 2 cents

some people work for 8h and dont spend 24/7 in Salem tho :?

raiders do also
wurm online had the ability to place a phone number on the pclaim if enemies entered the area a text message was sent out saying that they are getting raided. that mechanic worked out very well for wurm online it might work well for salem as well
nosfirebird

Postby Qiresea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm

nosfirebird wrote: a text message was sent out saying that they are getting raided

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

you shoud probably worry about more practical things like how to not get killed fourteen times by naked borderstones in a week.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 pm

nosfirebird wrote:
raiders do also
wurm online had the ability to place a phone number on the pclaim if enemies entered the area a text message was sent out saying that they are getting raided. that mechanic worked out very well for wurm online it might work well for salem as well

you are a moron
Darwoth

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Darwoth wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:
raiders do also

you are a moron

taking a idea from a game that made 1.2 million annually is not a moronic idea i wasnt saying send a text message every time a person entered your area im saying thats what wurm online did. if timers are reduced if a tbf goes down a text could be sent to the phone number to let them know they are getting raided

and dar i feel sorry for you you have the maturity of a 6 year old but anyways getting off track.
nosfirebird

Postby Taipion » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Simply: No

I admit I have not tested that yet, but if you can destroy a TbF with a catapult before the first 20h are through,
then this should be fixed for as you stated correctly, that's a bit too easy for the defending part.

In other games, mechanics like a TbF are in place to counter a general problem in MMOs that span over the whole world, that is, different timezones.
Those mechanics, which have various implementations in different games, are intended to encourage actual pvp by giving both sides a fixed time at which things get hot.
(And in Salem it also has the intended purpose of annoying people :D)

As it is, it serves both these purposes quite well,
reducing the timer would just encourage massive zerging to cover all timezones with adequate numbers.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm

-1, sound like you need be raided
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Taipion wrote:

Simply: No

I admit I have not tested that yet, but if you can destroy a TbF with a catapult before the first 20h are through,
then this should be fixed for as you stated correctly, that's a bit too easy for the defending part.

In other games, mechanics like a TbF are in place to counter a general problem in MMOs that span over the whole world, that is, different timezones.
Those mechanics, which have various implementations in different games, are intended to encourage actual pvp by giving both sides a fixed time at which things get hot.
(And in Salem it also has the intended purpose of annoying people :D)

As it is, it serves both these purposes quite well,
reducing the timer would just encourage massive zerging to cover all timezones with adequate numbers.

jc said you can destroy them with catapults but yes another way to fix the issue is if catapults did no damage for the first 20 hours

nsu im waiting for you bb come on over i know dar never will
nosfirebird

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations