After 2 years.....

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: After 2 years.....

Postby Mazavalt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Mazavalt wrote:
RULE Number 1 in gaming: A game MUST BE FUN!

FFS. Looks like we are not even going for Rule #1. For the record I define my gaming experiences by their challenge, and how rewarding I feel after completing said challenges. At no point in time do I try to develop this game to be 'fun', and I consider efforts in gaming for the sake of 'fun' at the expense of challenge and difficulty the very thing that has created the instant gratification and forced positive progression we see on major gaming titles today. Which I also feel is a piece of the problem in terms of the disturbing trends in society and culture where relationships have never been more fleeting and commitments have never been more breakable.

In short you and your rules, represent everything I hate.

THE John Carver in person answering. At least i find a developer that talks.
2 years ago i suggest it to add in game Red coats NPC for towns as guards replacing those damn braziers. Is NOT NORMAL to have a single character destroying entire town. It happen? NO is not enough challenge i guess...
I guess the real player base of this game is so large as the other game that do give rewards Wurmonline. Around 1000 accounts. Which means Dev team of Mortal moments is formed by 2 men. Modeler and programmer. Who are friends. Otherwise U cant live from a game WITHOUT FUN!
Last edited by Mazavalt on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazavalt

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Mazavalt wrote:Which means Dev team of Mortal moments is formed by 2 med. Modeler and programmer. Who are friends. Otherwise U cant live from a game WITHOUT FUN!

You should don't talk like this, because JC will made new rank for people who help made models, textures and animations for Salem :P

and will not only 1 programmer and 2 mods
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby AudriePlanck » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 pm

The challenge is to keep your IRL sanity while pushing through all these tasks complained about by Nsu.

A fine challenge indeed.
AudriePlanck

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm

AudriePlanck wrote:The challenge is to keep your IRL sanity while pushing through all these tasks complained about by Nsu.

A fine challenge indeed.

I think it's low challenge (;-;)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Brego » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Mazavalt wrote:And game is even worse than before. Seems i have a "lively" character which i cant log in, Hypothermia, which made my new character, an ice stone NEAR A FIRE (which is very logical in Salem) this are only 2 things i " enjoy" in Salem. Wonder how much patience ill have to play this time...

Game is pretty nice than ever before ,just leave own minds in past years , enjoy this game and be happy that developers are doing something with new changes!Don't cry like a baby ,go work harder and harder!don't be ***** lazy ass
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Mazavalt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Brego wrote:
Mazavalt wrote:And game is even worse than before. Seems i have a "lively" character which i cant log in, Hypothermia, which made my new character, an ice stone NEAR A FIRE (which is very logical in Salem) this are only 2 things i " enjoy" in Salem. Wonder how much patience ill have to play this time...

Game is pretty nice than ever before ,just leave own minds in past years , enjoy this game and be happy that developers are doing something with new changes!Don't cry like a baby ,go work harder and harder!don't be ***** lazy ass

I'm amazed in Ukraine u still have time to play.....
Mazavalt

Postby Brego » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Mazavalt wrote:
Brego wrote:

I'm amazed in Ukraine u still have time to play.....

this is a bit another story ,but here we are talking about salem game. ;)
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Mazavalt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 pm

And yet cant log in in 1 character and is Stuck and on account page say Ive never logged in only i just closed the window... Still TO MANY BUGS...
Mazavalt

Postby Nikixos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 pm

2 years and you're obviously still a retard, please ***** off for another 2 years :D
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Andromedan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 pm

This is an interesting discussion. When is the 'right' sort of meaning and sense of purpose derived from gameplay, and is Salem living up to that? In my opinion, Salem is.

The problem with getting it right, is that most people start to complain because they feel their gain/reward is not gotten quick/easy enough, or that they are at a disadvantage in relation to other players. What these people want - like with all things in life - is the best of both worlds. Having the thrill of danger and loss lurking from all sides, having an easy time raiding people, and being risk-free and having it all. That's an absolute contradiction. Part of the game has to attempt to make you feel like ****, in order for you to feel you are succeeding at something when you overcome the obstacle, and become more knowledgeable and capable. Facing the trials as a newbie will weed out the incapable, undetermined, and the aformentioned type.

However, accepting the reality behind a properly developed and balanced virtual reality does not guarantee happiness for everyone, like IRL. Those who are smarter, more devious, and/or have too much time on their hands, will often be at an advantage, certainly towards soloists. It doesn't matter how well-designed a game is, this is an unquestionable outcome. Thusly, such a game leads to a more concentrated and focused community, that knows how to be resistent to the game's pitfalls, like how a fungal/bacterial infection can become resistent after a while; it finds ways. This in itself should be a major challenge for the game developer I would think.

Then there's the problem of players not willing to repeat the thousands of hours of gameplay after being wiped out, unless it's on a fresh server.

I get where John is coming from, at least I believe so. He 'hates' the spoiled mentality, and that tells me that he gets it.
Andromedan

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill