Preemptive suggestions for Witch overhaul

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Preemptive suggestions for Witch overhaul

Postby Ronch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 am

Feel free to add more suggestion, I will probably be adding a few more too before the update goes live.

At least one facial wart (with or without hair) after Witch reaches certain level of Humors, Numens or Scalp-score.
...Witches can easily hide the huge wart with any of the mask available in the game.

Pilgrims being able to seek out and approach a Witch if they dare (even if it is a crime to do so), to request, pay for, or demand that the Witch place a curse on another pilgrim's evidence/scent.

At release of Witch update, maybe offer players a chance to become a noob-Witch.
...Especially since it is planned to offer all Witches the chance to repent of Witchcraft when the update is released. (Repent you pagan heathens !)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Preemptive suggestions for Witch overhaul

Postby gorniksam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:09 am

sounds cool tbh
gorniksam

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:27 am

Ronch wrote:Feel free to add more suggestion, I will probably be adding a few more too before the update goes live.

At least one facial wart (with or without hair) after Witch reaches certain level of Humors, Numens or Scalp-score.
...Witches can easily hide the huge wart with any of the mask available in the game.

Would not happen primarily because we are trying to limited as much in-game confirmation as possible "SHOW ME YOUR FACE OR ELSE I KNOW YOUR A WITCH" just becomes the go-to verification. To which there should not be a way to ever 'know for sure' unless you personally witnessed it.

Ronch wrote:2,
Pilgrims being able to seek out and approach a Witch if they dare (even if it is a crime to do so), to request, pay for, or demand that the Witch place a curse on another pilgrim's evidence/scent.

Will be and already is a possibility in the current system..

Ronch wrote:3,
At release of Witch update, maybe offer players a chance to become a noob-Witch.
...Especially since it is planned to offer all Witches the chance to repent of Witchcraft when the update is released. (Repent you pagan heathens !)

[/quote]
Chance to repent is already live.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 am

JohnCarver wrote:Chance to repent is already live.

Thank you for the very quick responses

...I was asking if suggesting that players will also have the chance to become a noob-Witch too when the full overhaul goes live ?
Last edited by Ronch on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 am

Ronch wrote:Thank you for the very quick responses

...I was asking if players will also have the chance to become a noob-Witch too when the overhaul goes live ?

All witches will start as noob witches. Existing Witches will not necessarily have any benefit for their seniority unfortunately other than not having to do the initial quest/implementation to convert.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby belgear » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Ronch wrote:Thank you for the very quick responses

...I was asking if players will also have the chance to become a noob-Witch too when the overhaul goes live ?

All witches will start as noob witches. Existing Witches will not necessarily have any benefit for their seniority unfortunately other than not having to do the initial quest/implementation to convert.

so those of us at the second circle are SOL?
belgear
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:37 am

I would say more or less that the 2nd circle just won't have much relevance in the new system. Hard to say at this juncture what if anything will really 'matter' from system to system.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 am

will the broom return?
Heffernan

Postby ceedat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:32 am

being a witch is something us new guys should steer away from or is it something a newer player can enjoy without all the knowledge of the game mechanics the old vets have? i wouldn't even know where to start looking for info on how to even get started.
ceedat

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 am

ceedat wrote:being a witch is something us new guys should steer away from or is it something a newer player can enjoy without all the knowledge of the game mechanics the old vets have? i wouldn't even know where to start looking for info on how to even get started.

I would argue you that you should probably be familiar with most of the gameplay first before venturing into WitchCraft. The primary reasoning against it is that will be far more easy for a Witch to permadie than it would be for a well defended Pilgrim to be killed on Providence.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations