Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Archibald wrote:Thanks
I just didn't see any message about necklace breaking and didn't hear any sound indicating that (but maybe I just missed I got sounds set very low) so I was a bit confused and wasn't sure if there is a chance of breaking or if it actually did something or that it may be bugged. Guess it's a good idea to add some feedback in one of the future patches.

Also, is there any other way to get IOU's than doing trade orders? I know a lot of people is really advanced at this point but still some people seem to have tons of them

There is an event that gives an item that you can deliver for IOUs but its very rare.
If i was you id just have couple of account collecting them every day. You do have to be online on them atleast an hour a day so there is that.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:59 pm

just depends on what your wanting to do with iou's if you just want the cheap iou's then you need more then 50 and its a hassle dealing with them if you dont have the ability to get them all up to advanced traveler.
nosfirebird

Postby Catote » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm

*Q&Q Debuff now removes points on craving satisfies.

What does this mean?
Catote

Postby lachlaan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:56 pm

When you fulfill a craving your Quaffed and Quenched drops for some amount. So if you're craving a roasted walnut, you eat it, you have less quaffed and quenched now.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,

Potato Minor Rework
Potatoes may now be planted with Potato Chunks. Potato seeds will soon be phased out of the code and all players who have potato seeds are encouraged to get them in the ground before the next major patch thus not losing all your high purity seeds.

I am not complaining, but when a field gets hit by a crow a single potato chunk can still be planted. It wasn't terribly inconvenient to have to use a full stack of cabbage seeds, or a seed sack of anything else, and of course you still need to dump a bunch of humus to prep the field, but the potato change seems to have nerfed the effect of the crows.

Intended?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Zapt13 wrote:I am not complaining, but when a field gets hit by a crow a single potato chunk can still be planted. It wasn't terribly inconvenient to have to use a full stack of cabbage seeds, or a seed sack of anything else, and of course you still need to dump a bunch of humus to prep the field, but the potato change seems to have nerfed the effect of the crows.

Intended?

I think I'm ok with it because it still effects the humus, and its nice when each crop has at least some diversity in that way. The problem becomes that 'potatoes' are the way to 'fix' a crow-hit field. But I'm not even sure if I'm mad at that dynamic tbh.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Zapt13 wrote:I am not complaining, but when a field gets hit by a crow a single potato chunk can still be planted. It wasn't terribly inconvenient to have to use a full stack of cabbage seeds, or a seed sack of anything else, and of course you still need to dump a bunch of humus to prep the field, but the potato change seems to have nerfed the effect of the crows.

Intended?

I think I'm ok with it because it still effects the humus, and its nice when each crop has at least some diversity in that way. The problem becomes that 'potatoes' are the way to 'fix' a crow-hit field. But I'm not even sure if I'm mad at that dynamic tbh.

You can "fix" it that way, but you still have to wait for the potatoes to grow before you can use the field again for what you actually wanted, potentially losing influence with that extra harvest.
Kind of a lazy way to do it, seems pretty balanced to me.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Taipion wrote:
You can "fix" it that way, but you still have to wait for the potatoes to grow before you can use the field again for what you actually wanted, potentially losing influence with that extra harvest.
Kind of a lazy way to do it, seems pretty balanced to me.

I agree.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements