Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby Taipion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 am

gustavohvg wrote:
saffgee wrote:Why not introduce a little bit of chaos ?

Most of us players would like that but WITHOUT destroying a system that is actually working nice and fine for every player (kin list chat)

unnecessarily

That word is missing in your sentence, it will all just move to discord, which simply results in less functionality ingame. gg
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 am

ceedatt wrote:i am still the "new guy" so this is just a question of mechanics. other than not having people on my kin list to PM for a quick trade in town, whats the other actual negative aspects due to this change, only that a witch can now curse me more easily?

I know nothing of witches and their curses, but if i am cursed, can i not just go see my local priest for a quick blessing?

Currently a witch doesn't have to kin you to curse you, they just have to be standing somewhere nearby. And yes, blessings from the priest will remove a curse from a player, though not from an object like a teddy bear.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:And yes, blessings from the priest will remove a curse from a player, though not from an object like a teddy bear.

You little lie :D
"priest will remove a curse from a player" not always :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Nsuidara wrote:You little lie :D

The Priest currently removes curses based on the following formula.

(Ridiculously Lucky Bonus) * (Really Lucky Bonus) * (Lucky Bonus) * (Number of Times you attended a Church IRL) = Chance of Success.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Priest works for the witches actually, we should burn him for his sins and years of fraudulent curing
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby ceedat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:You little lie :D

The Priest currently removes curses based on the following formula.

(Ridiculously Lucky Bonus) * (Really Lucky Bonus) * (Lucky Bonus) * (Number of Times you attended a Church IRL) = Chance of Success.

the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most. that being said i am gonna go lick the mold off my boards so that i have at least one voice in my head that i feel cares for my well being, being a hermit sometimes that voice of madness is the only thing that keeps me sane :)
ceedat

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

ceedat wrote:
the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most. that being said i am gonna go lick the mold off my boards so that i have at least one voice in my head that i feel cares for my well being, being a hermit sometimes that voice of madness is the only thing that keeps me sane :)

This seems like a well enough time to update my signature.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby ceedat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:33 pm

in all seriousness (i know serious if frowned on here) this is an amazing game, WELL DONE!!

i have just started scratching the surface of it and most negatives seem to come from the old salty vets, i have played eve online for 12 years now (old salty vet) and that's where i go for my pvp fix. there is a real loss in eve when you loose a ship that has a real world money value to it i have lost ships in the $300 usd range and it still pales in comparison to the feeling i get from playing salem that everyone is out to get me and my actual character is at risk, not just my gear (ship).

just wanted to say thanks for all you do and all the tears you create JC, well done indeed sir!
ceedat

Postby Nikixos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 pm

ceedat wrote:that everyone is out to get me

Only in expeditions, providence you can virtually stay afk for a month outside your base and depending on how far you are from providence noone would even see you ¦]
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Methuzelah23 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Nikixos wrote:providence you can virtually stay afk for a month outside your base
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements