Witchcraft Town NoD

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Witchcraft Town NoD

Postby Heffernan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:20 am

Hello,

(this is ok for JC he said i can post this)

i though the pilgrims have a Town to port to but why dont Witches?

1) ... Home
2) ... Providence
3) ... Isle of Nod

Sshould only be available to witches (all others need to port through the NPCs)

1) Sells Witchcraft Items
2) sells Brooms (or materials to make one)
3) gives Witchcraft specific Quests (similar to IOUs)
4) sells Witchcraft Clothing
5) rebuild the Witch Crypta for meetings
6) many more i cant think off currently

(this all ofcourse only to Witches)

basically a townsplace for just witches to meet up.
Heffernan

Re: Witchcraft Town NoD

Postby gorniksam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 am

I really like that ideas
+1
gorniksam

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 am

Heffernan wrote:Sshould only be available to witches (all others need to port through the NPCs)

basically a townsplace for just witches to meet up.

JC mentioned being able to accuse someone being a witch just based on having them memorized on the list. So in theory.. couldn't a player port a witch in.. memorize everyone and then describe to a nonwitch alt (with the ability to accuse since JC was saying there may be some sort of requirement) to make the accusations? Of course they'd be valid accusations since only witches were allowed in the town. How would you suggest they prevent this? No memorizing allowed in witch town?
Adelewhy

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 am

I know you want to use that new hard "earned" witch but I think this won't really work out well.

Why don't you just make your own town for witches?

It takes away from who is who in providence.

People will just meet up in this new town to accuse people nonstop and bandwagon them to death.

Why take your witch character to providence at all when you have a safe haven to avoid suspicion.

It will take away from the secrets of witchcraft.

Why should witch items be available for sale. Part of the fun with witchcraft is it's hidden features that normal pilgrims might not know about and the rare items you need to be a witch.

Sell witch clothing? Why out yourself like that? (you just want to have more outfits)

Why would you ever want to go to this town? Everything you listed will lead to your witch being killed with the new system. Being in that town screams UR A WIZARD ARRY.

Whats to keep a normal pilgrim from coming there and accusing every person on sight.

There are too many negative things and almost zero positive for having this place.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:46 am

Dallane wrote:I know you want to use that new hard "earned" witch but I think this won't really work out well.

Why don't you just make your own town for witches?

It takes away from who is who in providence.

People will just meet up in this new town to accuse people nonstop and bandwagon them to death.

Why take your witch character to providence at all when you have a safe haven to avoid suspicion.

It will take away from the secrets of witchcraft.

Why should witch items be available for sale. Part of the fun with witchcraft is it's hidden features that normal pilgrims might not know about and the rare items you need to be a witch.

Sell witch clothing? Why out yourself like that? (you just want to have more outfits)

Why would you ever want to go to this town? Everything you listed will lead to your witch being killed with the new system. Being in that town screams UR A WIZARD ARRY.

Whats to keep a normal pilgrim from coming there and accusing every person on sight.

There are too many negative things and almost zero positive for having this place.

then make it unavailable for non-witches by removing teleports and wall it in.
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 am

Heffernan wrote:
then make it unavailable for non-witches by removing teleports and wall it in.

You literally ignored everything I just listed except for one thing. Why close off a area like that? It still doesn't stop people from using a witch character to get you.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby grimkid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 am

u can apply huge ammounts of insanity and a debuf, maybe make it harder to be find, and increase drain for non-witches
grimkid

Postby Lusewing » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 am

Being a witch is meant to be a lonely path, if you want a comunity - stay a pilgrim
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am

Lusewing wrote:Being a witch is meant to be a lonely path, if you want a comunity - stay a pilgrim

stop lie

with this serial
witches made sects :P
circles .. etc
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am

I like the idea of making one witch to catalogue all others, then accuse and kill them all. :lol:

Or, if a witch ports to Nod instead of Provi, easy way to prove someone is not a witch by porting to Provi. (Yea, you could have port options for both as a witch, but still)

This has many issues that each by themselves would make this an incredibly bad idea.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations