Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Postby maxsprite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
maxsprite wrote:John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.

What do you mean by this?

I mean, that I changed my crawing food in some moment during the day, and I don't remember the correct hour when I did that. According to your rules, we are able to do "the change" once per 24 hours! I want to know the correct time when I changed my craving last time, without piece of paper or anything else on my desk.

The same thing with the smoking area, If I come there before 24 hours and try to smoke I get 0 and 24 hours more! Very unconviniently... So tell me please, is that the feature or a bug?
maxsprite

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm

You can use timers under the "Xtended" menu.

These timers will not continue to countdown during server downtime/lag nor do you need to leave your client open for the timers to run.

Simply make a timer for 24 hours and name it "Craving Change" / "Hookah[X Character]" or the likes and start the timer as soon you use those mechanics.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 pm

maxsprite wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
maxsprite wrote:John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.

What do you mean by this?

I mean, that I changed my crawing food in some moment during the day, and I don't remember the correct hour when I did that. According to your rules, we are able to do "the change" once per 24 hours! I want to know the correct time when I changed my craving last time, without piece of paper or anything else on my desk.

The same thing with the smoking area, If I come there before 24 hours and try to smoke I get 0 and 24 hours more! Very unconviniently... So tell me please, is that the feature or a bug?

errr.... wasn't that changed in a recent patch?
I mean, the timer does not reset to 24h anymore if you try to use a hookah earlier, or did I mix something up here?

But that aside, if the guy giving trade order can tell you how much time is left on your timer, it shouldn't be a big deal to do that for other things, too.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I see. Well given the central theme of 'visiting' the mason lodge each day regardless. I'm inclined to leave the burden of knowing if it has been a full day or not on the players if for no other reason than to force y'all to get into some kind of ritual with it.

Kushtrim wrote:The bone chair looks really epic,but the issue is that when i go out of my house then i experince a dramatic drop on fps and that is really frustrating :cry: .

There has been enough feedback that I am seriously considering making draw distances a dynamic thing you can control in the client. I, for one, quite enjoy the larger view distances, but do not want this luxury for others to come at a cost for some.

That's nice to hear, but upping it further on max... you require everyone getting outside of their walls to set it to max distance, or you are at a serious disadvantage.
I'd say out in the lumberwoods it should not make much of a difference for performance, but then again I have no set of semi-old, old, and antique PCs here to test on. :D

Your game, your turn in defining the system requirements, just saying this could be a thing.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 am

@JohnCarver
*Witches can still for the time being use these skulls as they always have.

Isn't right way :evil:

Because you destroy Inheritance, many players lose character in prov (often way, but no care only prov)
and anyone can "desecrate skeletons" now, then witch can anyone cursing...
(need only suicide alt - no witch)

SO THX for ruin this aspect ?
Who paid you for this ? What the witch ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Nsuidara wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just dont die in prov. You also have lots of time before your char turns into a skeleton to take it away from providence.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:10 pm

patch :o
Heffernan

Postby riker88 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Under which Sub menu can I find the option to build the bone table?

Is there a certain skill I need to unlock?
riker88
Customer

Postby kitty629 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:02 am

It is under build->furniture->tables and chairs. Not sure what skill is required.
kitty629
Customer

Previous

Return to Announcements